Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 26 Feb 19, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
The Duchess
Apprentice Imagineer

tattoo advice - first tattoo update Page 3 I did it!

Hi all, I've wanted this tattoo for years and have found a tattooist by recommendation whose work is amazing.

It is only one word on my inner wrist but I am a total wimp 😳 despite having 2 kids 😂. I was planning on having numbing cream (pathetic I know) but wondered if anyone had an inner wrist tattoo or any advice, I really want it done but haven't managed to psych myself up to go in yet.

this is what I want...

I Drive -1990 / Windsor Hills 2008
Vegas - 2014
Spandau in Dubai 40th b day trip - 2015
3 weeks all Star sports\ cabana bay 2016

Edited at 08:51 PM.
The Duchess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 19, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
LunaNyteskye
Apprentice Imagineer

It really isn't that bad. It's always years between my tattoos, and by the time the next one came along, I'd forgotten what the previous one felt like. Every time I would be expecting the absolute worst pain, but then it was always a relief that it wasn't anywhere near as bas as I expected. It's more an annoying scratch.

I don't have one on my inner wrist, but I have them on my inner arm just above my wrist, and it was absolutely fine. Given the size of the tattoo you are after, it will be over before you know it.

Most tattooists will advise you not to use the numbing cream as it can affect the tattoo.

October 2009 Sequoia Lodge Disneyland Paris;
October 2011 Kissimmee Villa;
October 2013 Port Orleans Riverside WDW;
November 2015 Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa;
November 2016 Hotel Santa Fe Disneyland Paris;
October 2019 Animal Kingdom Lodge WDW, DIBB Villa, Hard Rock Hotel & Grand Floridian WDW
LunaNyteskye is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 19, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

I would also advise to forget about the numbing cream, most tattooists would advise against it and I have heard it can make the pain worse once it wears off.

Honestly it anyone tells you 'it doesn't hurt' then they are lying or have an insane pain tolerance, because it does. The question is, is the pain manageable? And yes, it is. My ankle tattoo took 3hrs and it hurt but I coped with it. I just try and distract myself by focussing on something else, like talking with someone or counting the roses on the tattoo art on the wall lol.

That tattoo is small and won't take long- it will hurt but you'll be fine. Have you ever been given a nasty scratch by a cat? That's what it feels like.

Edited at 04:11 PM.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 19, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Whitequeen
Imagineer

Whitequeen's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I always describe the sensation as being bearable. It starts off a bit cringey but after 15 mins your nerve endings are used to it and you just feel a little uncomfortable.
My DD spent 4+ hours having a huge Peonie tattoo'd on her outside thigh with no problem.
We are all different however.

West Coast Visits-5
Whitequeen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 19, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I have one on my inner wrist and it was fine, a little uncomfortable but it's done quickly so quickly over. I describe it a stinging or burning pain. My thigh was much worse!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 19, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
The Duchess
Apprentice Imagineer

thank you all 😊

I Drive -1990 / Windsor Hills 2008
Vegas - 2014
Spandau in Dubai 40th b day trip - 2015
3 weeks all Star sports\ cabana bay 2016
The Duchess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 19, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post

My 50 year old sister had her first tattoo recently on her inner wrist. I have not asked her specifically for the details of the procedure, but she has certainly never volunteered any information about it being a particularly painful or traumatising event and I believe she plans some more.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 19, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Ryles
Imagineer

Mobile

I actually enjoy the pain! I’m a bit weird like that. I also love going to the dentist! I’ve had a few tattoos and yes they are painful but more uncomfortable really not unbearable.
Old 26 Feb 19, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

They can't be that painful as I am off for some flowers adding to my arm on Thursday. This will be my 4th, got my 1st when I was 50.
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 19, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
captjack
Trying for More Ears

I have tattoos on my inner wrists, like everyone has said they will hurt but people usually go back for more so its not that bad.
captjack is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List