Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Feb 19, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
annabella
Apprentice Imagineer

annabella's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Disneyland California

We are going to Disneyland in June can anyone tell me if you can leave the park and return later with non hopper tickets
annabella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 19, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Following as wondering the same!
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 19, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

Yes you can as long as it’s the same park

Jules
signtalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 19, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

As Jules said, you can leave and come back to the same park later in the day. You will need to get your hand stamped at the exit, then when you return you show the stamp and your ticket to get back in.

Planning a trip to San Diego? Check out my San Diego planning guide at the link below:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1047941
Aims is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 19, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

You can definitely re-enter the park - as mentioned with a non hopper ticket it would have to be re-entering the same park. (As an aside, though, Disneyland is one of the easiest Disney resorts to park hop in and I would recommend looking into a park hopper at DL!)

When I was there last November it seemed that they are no longer doing hand stamps for park re-entry. They now take a photo of you at the gate the first time you use the ticket, and subsequently when you use that ticket to enter the CM at the gate will check to see that you match the photo linked to the ticket.
Old 1 Mar 19, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sky13 View Post
When I was there last November it seemed that they are no longer doing hand stamps for park re-entry. They now take a photo of you at the gate the first time you use the ticket, and subsequently when you use that ticket to enter the CM at the gate will check to see that you match the photo linked to the ticket.
Wow, that’s interesting! I’m glad you corrected me on that info. I guess it’s been awhile since I last left the park and came back the same day.

Planning a trip to San Diego? Check out my San Diego planning guide at the link below:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1047941
Aims is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 19, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Mobile

This is good to know, thank you. I'm used to not needing a handstamp at WDW!
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 19, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
annabella
Apprentice Imagineer

annabella's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thanks for the replies this will make my husband happy. Great to know that park hopping is very easy at DL, but for us we are only going for 2 days so 1 park a day but great to know if we ever return
annabella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 19, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Aims View Post
Wow, that’s interesting! I’m glad you corrected me on that info. I guess it’s been awhile since I last left the park and came back the same day.
Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post
This is good to know, thank you. I'm used to not needing a handstamp at WDW!
I'm also used to not needing a handstamp too! So it was great not to need to actively seek out the CM with the handstamp when leaving the DL parks (and then worry about accidentally washing it off or something).

It's interesting how different the DL and WDW systems are though, with regard to things like FPs, park re-entry (fingerprint vs photo), and even the app...