Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 3 Mar 19, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Imagine, Just One Birthday Every Year ~ October 2018 ~ Day 10 ~ Magic Kingdom and STK

'When you wish upon a star, your dream comes true' ~Jiminy Cricket, Pinocchio

Index here

We both woke around 8am and got ready for our final full day in Disney. We did a little bit of packing so that we could make the most of today and tomorrow without having to worry about packing. I was already starting to feel a bit sad as I didn't want the holiday to end but as Mum says 'you can't have another holiday if this one doesn't end'
We then caught the bus into Magic Kingdom for the last time of the trip. It was a beautiful sunny day today, which felt really odd as it was Halloween and we're used to cold, dark autumns.

It was really hot today so we decided to go to Starbucks to start our morning. I had the java chip frappuccino (which is my favourite frap and I'm so sad that we don't have it in our local Starbucks, although I think some Starbucks in the UK serve it?) and I had the pumpkin bread to eat. I had the salted caramel mocha frappuccino and a blueberry scone, which was nothing like a scone and was served hot and tasted more like a flat muffin but was still very tasty. We sat at the seats by Plaza ice cream and chatted about our plans for the day.

The Friendship Faire was being performed on the castle as we finished our breakfast, so although we'd seen parts of it a few times throughout the trip, we decided to watch it. I really liked the autumnal costumes, especially Daisy Duck's.

It was now time for our first FP of the day, Jungle Cruise. We'd never been on this ride before and felt that we had to do it this trip, as it's so iconic. Even though we'd fastpassed this ride, there was still quite a long queue for it but we entertained ourselves people watching. I was wearing my Spiderman dress again today and one Dad in the queue was trying to point it out to his around three-year old son, who wasn't paying any attention I spent most of the time in the queue watching a small assistance dog who was queuing with his owner. It made me realise I was missing my dog, Rolo, at home (which may have been what resulted in me buying him a present later that day)
I'm going to be honest, I loved Jungle Cruise.I found the jokes really funny (which they probably weren't as nobody else on the boat seemed to be laughing other than me and Mum) and what could have been a boring, old-fashioned ride has been updated with the Skipper's humorous commentary. I am surprised they haven't updated this ride but I agree with Georgia that I did find it very funny. We were lucky as we had a very interactive, witty skipper and could see that this ride wouldn't be as entertaining with someone who wasn't as involved as she was.

As we came off the ride, we walked around a little and found The Muppets Present...Great Moments in American History being performed by the Hall of Presidents. We decided to watch this, even though it was almost the end of it, as we love the Muppets and had never seen this show before. We did enjoy this and it was great to see some more Muppets themed attractions in Disney.

I had really wanted to go see Enchanted Tales with Belle this trip, as we'd never seen this before. So, we decided it was a good time to go see it now. The park wasn't too busy at the moment, which I was surprised about as it was Halloween. We were enjoying watching all of the people walking around in costumes though, as they seemed to be people in costumes from the very beginning of the day not just when the party started.
There was actually quite a long queue for Enchanted Tales with Belle. We were the second people in the queue, with a family with two young boys aged around six and ten. The ten year old seemed really embarrassed to be waiting and his mum asked us if we knew if this was like a meet and greet as she'd told the boys it was. We didn't really know much about it ourselves so couldn't really help her so we all continued to wait. The wait time had been around 10-15 minutes but we definitely waited around half hour until we were finally led into the first room.
Strangely enough, we were really entertained by this and thought it was very sweet to watch the children get involved, including the ten year old from the family we had been talking to who had reluctantly been chosen to take part. He actually seemed to enjoy it and after coming back from meeting Belle afterwards he told his Mum that he was glad they'd done it. It was lovely to see a child who really enjoyed meeting the characters, even though he seemed to be getting to the age where he thought himself too old to enjoy it I don't know when I'll ever get to that stage

We then started to make our way over to our second FP of the day, Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin, stopping to having a PhotoPass photo taken on the bridge over to Tomorrowland.

We then rode Space Ranger Spin. As usual, I won. It's not about winning, it's about taking part

We then walked back up towards Fantasyland (we really don't save our feet as we seem to walk back and forth all the time when we're in Magic Kingdom) and took some more photos. I love the castle from this side.

It was now time for lunch. We didn't really have any plans for today so we stood around for quite a while trying to decide where to go. We considered going to the Contemporary resort for food but I think neither of us really wanted to 'waste' time away from the park on our final day in Magic Kingdom. Eventually, we decided to go to Pinocchio's Village Haus for the second time that trip and try the flatbreads there.
We both had the seasonal flatbread here, which was sausage and pepperoni and both had the French vanilla iced lattes to drink. I thought the flatbread was ok, but as I'm not a big lover of pizza or flatbread I didn't particularly enjoy it. I, on the other hand, usually really love pizza and flatbreads but was really disappointed in this. I didn't eat much of mine as I didn't like the taste of the pepperoni at all and the flat bread overall was very average. Neither of us ate loads and we should probably have shared one between us. I did really love the theming of this quick service restaurant, especially the paintings on the walls.

It was now time for our final FP of the day, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. This seemed a little soon after lunch but we were both fine, despite it feeling bumpier than usual. I enjoyed singing along as usual.

It didn't seem too busy in Magic Kingdom at this time, despite it being around 3:30pm, when we expected it to be busiest. There was, however, only a five minute wait for It's a Small World so we decided to ride this again on our final day. As if we needed the song stuck in our heads again. This time around, we even managed to get stuck on the ride so we were in there around double the time that a usual ride takes. Everyone in our boat and the one behind must have loved me and mum singing and nodding our heads to the music. We even managed to get a good photo of Wales this time!

We then had to do probably our favourite show in Magic Kingdom one more time: Mickey's Philarmagic. This time was so so much more emotional. It was really starting to hit me now that this was the final full day of our trip and the last time I'd be in Magic Kingdom for a long time and I was really upset about it. I was glad I was wearing the 3D glasses as they hid how much I was crying (until I came out and had to take them off) I agree with Georgia that this show is very emotional every time we see it but it did seem even more so this time. This trip had been really special for us as we had been celebrating our birthdays and we had never taken any trip just the two of us before. I also didn't know when we would be returning to a Disney park again and this was upsetting for both of us as we love it so much.
On the way out of the show, we stopped to look around the shop here. I bought four of the badges here for $8, as I thought these would be nice to put on my bag at home.

Georgia really wanted to look around Castle Couture as I love all the princess merchandise in this shop. Although I think this store is definitely aimed at children in Disney, it's one of my favourites. This trip I spent ages looking at all of the music boxes in here as they had one for so many of the different princesses. I eventually decided on Ariel, as she is my favourite princess. It's so pretty and plays Under the Sea. It cost $23 plus tax and I use it to keep all of my earrings in at home.

We were planning to leave the park around now, but decided to walk around the park a little more as it was our last time that we'd be visiting Magic Kingdom and we couldn't bear to leave just yet We walked around taking lots of photos.

We decided to have one last ride on one of our favourite rides of the trip: Pirates of the Caribbean (as if we needed another song stuck in our heads that day) Again, the queue was very short for this and we really enjoyed it. This was the only time that I actually got wet going down the little drop on this ride but I managed to have a soaking wet leg and skirt of my dress when I got off the ride. We're at the back looking very bored (which we weren't)

We then decided to have a look around the shops on Main Street before leaving. In Main Street Emporium, I bought myself a 2019 calendar with pictures of the parks for each month and a red Mickey Mouse pattern collar for our dog, Rolo.

It was now really time for us to leave but I didn't want to go. I started to cry and took some final photos of the castle just to delay us leaving for a few more minutes.

We caught the bus back to Port Orleans French Quarter. I was feeling really sad about leaving too but I was able to cheer myself up by thinking about our plans for our evening in Disney Springs and STK.

When we got back to French Quarter, we realised we were running later than we thought we would be so had to rush to get ready to go out to Disney Springs for our meal in STK. We quickly showered and changed before heading out to catch the next boat in to DS, as we hadn't caught a boat this trip and wanted to try it.

I really enjoyed this boat ride into Disney Springs. It was very relaxing as the sun was setting and it looked so pretty. I thought that it seemed to take a long time and I was starting to get hungry.

When we arrived in Disney Springs, we got a little lost trying to figure out where to go to get to STK, as the boat had dropped us off by Rainforest Cafe where the old entrance to Disney Springs used to be. This is the total opposite side to where we needed to be so after figuring out which way to go, we headed over to STK. We got there around half seven, for our ADR at 7:45pm.
We were looking forward to this meal as we had never eaten at a two table service meal before. I really love steak (it's probably one of my favourite meals) and I couldn't wait to try one here. We knew before we booked this restaurant that it isn't considered very good value, as you have to pay for your sides on top of the credits but the food and the atmosphere of the place really appealed to us. It seemed a bit more mature and sophisticated, which was totally different to any other meal we'd had that trip.

We ordered our drinks first. The server here was really helpful and friendly and explained everything to us but she was also new and didn't seem 100% sure about everything and went back regularly to her manager to check things that we asked. I had the Flawless cocktail to drink which was Grey Goose vodka, lemon, raspberry and prosecco. This is definitely the best cocktail that I had all trip. It was so good that I bought another one during the meal I had the Rendezvous cocktail but was able to have a non-alcoholic version. My drink was pineapple, orange, grapefruit, cherry and tasted amazing. There was such a good blend of all of the flavour juices and it looked really pretty too. I loved the fact that I was able to order this without the alcohol, as I wanted to have a drink that wasn't just water.

The atmosphere in this restaurant was so unique. There was music playing and it reminded us of how we would imagine an up-market night club (as neither of us have ever been to a night club, let alone an upmarket one ) The night club atmosphere isn't something I'd expect myself to like, but it was also really relaxing to listen to the music and talk while we ate here.
Our server brought over our drinks and the complimentary bread. These bread rolls had a blue butter over the top of them and came with a pesto dipping sauce. They were my favourite bread of the whole trip. The blue butter wasn't too strong but it definitely had a good flavour to it and the bread was soft. I also agree with Georgia that this was outstanding bread and there was so much of it, that we couldn't finish it all.

Between courses, our server came back to our table to check that everything was okay, refill our water and ask if we wanted anything else to drink. We then ordered our main meals. I had the 10oz filet cooked medium with the Bearnaise sauce and I had the 14oz bone-in filet cooked medium-rare with the blue butter sauce. We also ordered a side of the creamy Yukon potatoes. Both of these steaks were cooked perfectly and we both agreed that our steaks were the tastiest that we'd ever tried. Also, that mashed potato was amazing. We couldn't eat all of the potato but now I wish we had. I was really glad that we'd gone here for a meal as it was so delicious and different to our other meals.

After this meal, we were way too full to eat dessert, so decided to have it to go. I ordered the mini donuts and dipping sauce and I had the cookie.

The bill for this meal before tip was $201. We were very glad that we were on the dining plan and had the chance to try eating here, as we'd enjoyed the steaks but wouldn't want to pay that much. We paid for the extra cocktail, our side of potatoes and an 18% tip which came to $76. However when I got home, I realised we had been overcharged by $12, which seemed to be related to Georgia's steak. I emailed Disney to see if this was correct to which they apologised and refunded me $20, as Georgia's steak should have been included as I thought.
We now decided to look around the shops, as we had been planning to do. We were so full as we left STK though but walking around shopping was a good idea. We walked back towards where we were dropped off by the boat that evening and started from there back towards the bus stops. We went in the Christmas shop first as I wanted to buy a Christmas decoration. We spent quite a while in here as I couldn't decide which one I wanted. I eventually decided on a set of two Nemo and Dory bell tree ornaments which cost $21.

We then decided to go into Goofy's Candy Company to use some of our snack credits, as we knew we would have too many left over. We still had 17 snack credits and only one day left so knew we were going to be taking some snacks home with us. In here we bought one bag of Chewbacca blue raspberry gummies, two bags of character gummies, one bag of Mickey shaped liquorice for Rob and a bag of sour character gummies. We haven't got a picture of just these but we'll put a picture of all the snacks we brought home in our next day of the report.
My next stop was Sephora as I wanted to buy some new make-up here. We seemed to take a long time in here, as I didn’t know exactly what I wanted. I was looking for bright coloured eyeshadows but couldn't find any at first. I then found the Sephora x Museum of Ice Cream Dream Team Pigment Palette. This was so pretty, as it's shaped like an ice cream, and I also really liked the colours. I bought this for $21 plus tax and also got the Glam glow birthday freebie as it was my birthday that month and we had signed up for the Sephora newsletter. I also bought something in Sephora. I bought the travel size Tarte Rainforest of the Sea setting spray which cost me $12 and I also had the same birthday gift as it was also my birthday month. The setting spray is really good, as I've never used a setting spray before and wasn't sure if it would be useful but I really like this one.

We looked around Zara next, where I tried on a jumper but didn't like the fit so didn't buy it. We then went in Uniqlo and I bought a Peter Pan t-shirt for $15. This is really cute and it has a small silver Tinkerbell on the back of it, which I really love. Georgia took ages being served in here, as I was waiting for her at the exit of the checkouts. I wondered if there was a problem as the server seemed to be asking her a lot of questions but it seems they were just having a long conversation. He was asking how long I was staying and where I was from and then told me a long story about his friend in New Zealand. I was very confused and awkward. When Georgia told me this story, I said I thought the young server, who was around her age, was trying to work out when she was going home as he was interested in her. Completely goes over her head every time

By now we were totally exhausted so decided to make our way back to the hotel. We caught a bus back to Port Orleans, got drinks using our resort mugs at the food court and then went back to our room. Even though it was very late, Georgia insisted that it was time to have our desserts from STK. It was definitely not the best idea for us to have these to go, as they did not travel well and didn't taste great. My donuts were slightly hard on the outside and would have tasted better warm. My cookie had turned into a complete mush but I don't think it actually tasted that bad. It was just a weird, mashed potato consistency caramel and chocolate flavoured mess. It did not look good at all but I still ate it

We went to sleep after eating our desserts, ready for our last day in Epcot tomorrow.

Step count: 18,100
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 19, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

A fab final day, you fit so much in.

I've never heard of STK but it looks lovely, even the bread! Definitely one to add to the list I think. Shame about the overcharge but good that Disney rectified it xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 19, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
A fab final day, you fit so much in.

I've never heard of STK but it looks lovely, even the bread! Definitely one to add to the list I think. Shame about the overcharge but good that Disney rectified it xx
We didn’t want to tear ourselves away from MK today, so we stretched the day out as much as we could 😃 . Even though we had quite a long day the next day too at Epcot as we were on the later Virgin flight home.

STK was a great experience, something very different from all the other restaurants we had eaten in. We have said we will definitely try more 2ts credit restaurants on future trips as we were impressed with STK.

I had felt the bill for the extras and tip had been a bit expensive which is what made me double check it, I’m pleased I did and yes, Disney were excellent at sorting out the overcharge with no problem.
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 19, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

What a wonderful last MK day, I totally understand your reluctance to drag yourself away. Your steak looks mouth watering, the cookie somewhat less so!
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 19, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Palm trees View Post
What a wonderful last MK day, I totally understand your reluctance to drag yourself away. Your steak looks mouth watering, the cookie somewhat less so!
I was almost dragging Georgia out from MK eventually that day, this was a holiday we really didn’t want to end.

I would not have eaten that cookie, it looked awful (I’m sure it would have been beautifully presented at the restaurant) Having desserts to go isn’t the best way to do it but we were often so full we couldn’t have eaten dessert after the meal.
Old 4 Mar 19, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Last full day it's so sad.

You managed to fit in a few new rides which is always fun, alongside some old favourites. Lovely to get a last go on POTC I hope did have the song going round in your heads all afternoon and evening.

Then a lovely evening in Disney Springs.

Also I like the sage advice, it's true of course, you can't have another holiday until this one is over. It's still sad though.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 19, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Last full day it's so sad.

You managed to fit in a few new rides which is always fun, alongside some old favourites. Lovely to get a last go on POTC I hope did have the song going round in your heads all afternoon and evening.

Then a lovely evening in Disney Springs.

Also I like the sage advice, it's true of course, you can't have another holiday until this one is over. It's still sad though.
We manage to fit in quite a lot tomorrow on our ‘real’ last day too, but I think we always try to make the most of the last few days as we don’t want the holiday to end 😀 .

I think Pirates song is still stuck in our head over four months later, Disney songs are so catchy.

We didn’t visit Disney Springs much on our first visit but seemed to enjoy it more this time. It’s a lovely way to spend an evening and has some wonderful restaurants.

Georgia has always hated the end of a holiday, so I came up with quite a few wise comments to try to make her realise that there will always be more holidays. I don’t think they help her though as she always cries, especially if it’s a Florida holiday 😂
Old 5 Mar 19, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I hate when you get that sinking feeling in your tummy that it’s almost time to go home.

I agree about the flatbreads at Pinocchio’s Village Haus, we have tried them once but they weren’t for me. I prefer the classic Disney pizza that they serve at Pizzafari.

I can watch PhiharMagic over and over again, I watched it on our very first visit to MK and every time I am taken back to how magical that was.

I was really excited to see a review of STK as you don’t see it often. I thought it was really interesting that you enjoyed the atmosphere as I was majorly put off by hearing it has a night club vibe. You have converted me though, the food looks mouth-watering, we must try it!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 19, 07:03 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I hate when you get that sinking feeling in your tummy that it’s almost time to go home.

I agree about the flatbreads at Pinocchio’s Village Haus, we have tried them once but they weren’t for me. I prefer the classic Disney pizza that they serve at Pizzafari.

I can watch PhiharMagic over and over again, I watched it on our very first visit to MK and every time I am taken back to how magical that was.

I was really excited to see a review of STK as you don’t see it often. I thought it was really interesting that you enjoyed the atmosphere as I was majorly put off by hearing it has a night club vibe. You have converted me though, the food looks mouth-watering, we must try it!
We will have to put Pizzafari on our list for next time as we have never tried there.

PhilharMagic is so nostalgic and reminds us of our first visit too. We love it but I think Georgia found it a bit too emotional for the last day 😀

We weren’t sure that we would like a nightclub feel to STK but although there was music, it seemed to have a chilled feel to the restaurant and didn’t really feel like a Disney restaurant (which, of course, it isn’t really) . If you like cocktails then I recommend the Flawless I had as it was delicious. Georgia loved the fact that she could have any cocktail made without the alcohol too, which was only half the price of a regular cocktail (so although we didn’t pay, the tip on this was cheaper obviously). I definitely want to try some more 2 ts credit restaurants on future trips as this felt a bit special, although we have had a lot of excellent 1 ts credit meals throughout the holiday too.
Old 6 Mar 19, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
We will have to put Pizzafari on our list for next time as we have never tried there.

PhilharMagic is so nostalgic and reminds us of our first visit too. We love it but I think Georgia found it a bit too emotional for the last day 😀

We weren’t sure that we would like a nightclub feel to STK but although there was music, it seemed to have a chilled feel to the restaurant and didn’t really feel like a Disney restaurant (which, of course, it isn’t really) . If you like cocktails then I recommend the Flawless I had as it was delicious. Georgia loved the fact that she could have any cocktail made without the alcohol too, which was only half the price of a regular cocktail (so although we didn’t pay, the tip on this was cheaper obviously). I definitely want to try some more 2 ts credit restaurants on future trips as this felt a bit special, although we have had a lot of excellent 1 ts credit meals throughout the holiday too.
I don't drink so I am thrilled to hear that they'll make any cocktail sans alcohol, because the mocktail list is pretty poor many places. I suppose a US nightclub is different to what we have here! Now I just have to decide what I'd have to eat.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List