Notices
Intro's and Welcomes Introduce yourself and be welcomed into our community.

Old 4 Mar 19, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Sanmiguel
Getting to know the DIBB

Hello - 10 Years since last visit to Orlando

Hello everyone,

First ever post but long time lurker and admirer of all the advice and tips that fly about in here ! It's my go to place at the moment.

Going with the family (5 of us in total) on 22/8/19 for 2 weeks from Glasgow with TUI , with the first week at HRH , second week at WDW Swan.

We haven't been for 10 years (ironically stayed at the Swan the last time) so looking forward to seeing what's changed ! Kids were 12 and 7 when we last went so they are not kids anymore and oldest is bringing boyfriend for his first visit!

It's our (my wife and I) 4th visit in total so know our way about a bit but I'm going over to transportation forum to ask about whether a car is necessary for HRH or can we walk to I Drive for food (rather than always eating at Citywalk).

I have a quote from Andy at DFCH - have I got the acronym correct ? for two weeks rental but I am contemplating the whole car/no car issue .

ATM we are going to get transport from Sanford to the hotel I think , but I am going to number crunch to see if car hire plus parking fees at both hotels is worth the transportation costs of 2 airport journeys plus numerous uber trips - I seriously doubt it will, but I might still get a car though purely for the convenience/freedom.

I love trying to guess what all the acronyms are , took me ages to work out what MNSSHP was !
Sanmiguel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 19, 12:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

Welcome to the forum. We always end up hiring a car but normally split our stay between on and off site. You will probably find that you can Uber to international drive cheaper than the daily resort parking fee, or you could just collect a car for a few days of your holiday, perhaps earn you are staying at the Swan.

Have you compared prices yet?
Disney Planning is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 19, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Sanmiguel
Getting to know the DIBB

Yeah - read the forum and got a quote from Andy at DFCH.

When factoring in parking fees for 2 weeks ( I reckon £275-£300 for HRH & WDW Swan) I thought just Uber or Lyft between HRH to I Drive/WDW and also when we move.

Might do a car for a few days whilst at Swan ( I hired a car from there on my last visit 10 years ago) but we shall see.
Sanmiguel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List