Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 7 Mar 19, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

It is a fab day out, different from any5ing you get here.

Also cruising along lake Lucerne In turquoise waters, stunning.
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 19, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
BONZO
Imagineer

Hi,

In Lausanne - check out the Olympic Museum, excellent museum for all ages, modern and well thought out and interactive exhibits.

Good for all ages.

1988 ~ Contemporary ~ Honeymoon
1989 ~ Off site
1994 ~ EuroDisney ~ Santa Fe
1999 ~ Off site
2001 ~ CBR (Aruba) ~ Poly (Tahiti)
2003 ~ WL & HRH
2004 ~ Pop Century, RPH, CSR, PBH, Contemporary
2006 ~ DLP ~ Newport Bay
2007 ~ POR ~ HRH ~ GF
2008 ~ All star sports, BCV, RPH, Vero Beach, VWL
2010 ~ OKW ~ BCV ~ HRH ~POP Century ~ Vero Beach ~ VWL
2013 ~ AKL ~ HRH ~ BCV ~ Vero Beach ~ VWL
BONZO is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 19, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
stockport1965
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by *cath* View Post
Hi everyone!
Talk to me about Switzerland.
We are thinking of going for a week at the end of October. Will we be ok at this time of year? I'm guessing it will be neither warm nor very cold?(Depending on where we are!)
Plan on flying into Zurich and visiting the following places. Be using public transport, mainly trains, not hiring a car.

Zurich
Lucerne
Interlaken
Murran
Montreux
Lausanne
Geneva

Would we get this done in a week?
Any advice on the trains? We would more than likely get a Swiss Rail Pass.
Many thanks
A tad ambitious, we have been twice and are returning for a 3rd time in October.
You haven't got Bern on the list, this is so beautiful. Haven't done Interlaken but changed trains here.

Check the prices of trains individually against a rail ticket, doesn't always work out cheaper. Switzerland is very expensive but oh so worth it
stockport1965 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 19, 12:34 AM  
Link to this Post
RedFox
Excited about Disney

I go to Lauterbrunnen/Stechelberg every year with a group of us from work. We go sledging and usually go in January or February. But I’ve also been in June, August and October. October was lovely, we had some dull days but some really glorious sunny days too.
I’ve done most ways of getting there from the UK - flying (to Zurich, Geneva, Basel or via Germany or Italy), train all the way via Eurostar, I’ve driven a few times too, and I’ve also cycled all the way from the Midlands, honestly! Flying to Zurich is my favourite option, you can then take the train via Lucerne and then the very scenic run over the Brunig Pass. I work on the railway here so luckily I get free travel in Europe, but I think a good option is a Swiss Transfer Ticket which will take you from any airport to any Swiss destination for a good price.
I would recommend the Bernese Oberland area too - Wengen and Murren are beautiful car free places, Grindelwald is a good base, Lauterbrunnen is nice and trips to Kleine Scheidegg and then to the Jungfraujoch “top of Europe” are spectacular. There’s great walking trails around these areas too, they’re the ones that turn into brilliant sledging runs in the winter, including the worlds longest one at 10 miles long!

Edited at 12:36 AM.
RedFox is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List