Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 11 Mar 19, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Daisychick
Excited about Disney

I should have also said that the 2 at the back of the 787 were really good (though we were on BA) as the seats are aisle and middle. As the plane comes in towards the back, they couldn't fit a window seat in so you get that extra room to store all your bits and pieces during the flight. You can also stretch a leg out that way if you want.

We thought being near the back might be annoying as people queued for the toilets etc but it wasn't a problem at all for us as most people waited in the galley area at the back. It was really convenient for when we wanted to stretch our legs as we just got up and stood in the galley area (with the added bonus of BA offering us something from the goody tray every time they saw us there!)

Having said that - I like the look of SkyCouch!
Daisychick is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 19, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
June8th
Apprentice Imagineer

We flew Emirates and booked the exit seats which were pairs of two. I don’t like sitting next to strangers on a long haul flight, especially overnight ones!
June8th is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 19, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
I don't mind flying it economy really, especially in a seat of 2.

Can I recommend Etihad, they do have rows of 2 at the back of the plane, which is where I always sit.

However they do bid upgrades for business, so you could maybe try to upgrade one leg.

They also have bids for empty seats next to you which are quite reasonable (but not guaranteed), I did this as was flying on my own and I got 3/4, most times I was moved to a row of 3 on my own
Old 11 Mar 19, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Hil
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by katiec68 View Post
Just a word of warning about air new Zealand.
If you book through a 3rd party you have no access to seat selection until check in.

My parents couldn't allocate theirs until check in. Was a nightmare for them

Xx
Not necessarily so ... we booked through a 3rd party and were able to book all of our flight seats on a combination of Singapore, Air NZ and Virgin, but only once we had paid in full for the flight component of our package.

We booked the trip a long way in advance, and I had made a special request to the agent for our booking references with the airlines so we could book seats as soon as the flights were released. They told me we could access them if we paid for the flights in full, although the rest of the trip was booked with just a deposit.

I believe it is only once the agent has paid the airline that the booking is actually firmly placed with the airline, so only then will you be able to log in to see your booking (but I may have totally made that up!)

So it may be worth asking in advance.

Edited at 02:32 PM.
Hil is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 19, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Reunion
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Depending on what time of year you're going, you could hold out for a sale? Last time we traveled to NZ (DH is a kiwi) we found seats on Qatar in Business for EUR 1,800 ex Paris (so we did have to get to Paris first). That was business class all the way there and back - a bargain and a fab airline.
Reunion is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 19, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Hil View Post
Not necessarily so ... we booked through a 3rd party and were able to book all of our flight seats on a combination of Singapore, Air NZ and Virgin, but only once we had paid in full for the flight component of our package.

We booked the trip a long way in advance, and I had made a special request to the agent for our booking references with the airlines so we could book seats as soon as the flights were released. They told me we could access them if we paid for the flights in full, although the rest of the trip was booked with just a deposit.

I believe it is only once the agent has paid the airline that the booking is actually firmly placed with the airline, so only then will you be able to log in to see your booking (but I may have totally made that up!)

So it may be worth asking in advance.
Well my parents are 76 and 83 so who knows - however all I know is that we had an afternoon of moaning about the flights - apparently they had been told by the agent that it would be fine and it wasnt and they were fobbed off by both sides of the booking!

They swore never to use ANZ again!
katiec68 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 19, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Hil
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by katiec68 View Post
Well my parents are 76 and 83 so who knows - however all I know is that we had an afternoon of moaning about the flights ...

They swore never to use ANZ again!
That made me chuckle!
Hil is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 19, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Hil View Post
That made me chuckle!

The silly fools even trusted the TA when they said that the hotels were "close to town"...

Why on earth they didnt ask me to check them out (I used to be a TA and they know how much research I do for our own holidays! ) i'll never know.

Ive told them the next time to let me plan it!

(My sister lives there x)
katiec68 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List