Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Mar 19, 01:47 AM  
Link to this Post
lpd222
Trainee Dibber

We booked last March, flying on the 3rd April
lpd222 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 19, 02:45 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lpd222 View Post
Hi lpd, for what it's worth be grateful the other lounges were full in T2, they're not so good.

I guess VA don't work on a last in, first out selection (but do wonder how they pick who to disappoint) as I doubt you were the last in having booked a year ago.

Good luck with MD communications
Old 16 Mar 19, 02:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Twinklestar1
VIP Dibber

Twinklestar1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Poor, really poor Virgin!
Hate to see such treatment after the money involved in flying/holidaying with Virgin. Hope you get a better response and have a great holiday.
Old 16 Mar 19, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Rachie
Apprentice Imagineer

I'd be tempted to turn up with your voucher and plead ignorance.
There may be room as some people may have the free offer but don't turn up at the lounge?
Rachie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 19, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by lpd222 View Post
We booked last March also and flying 6th April.

Not heard anything yet :s

How did they inform you?

Edited at 09:55 AM.
miked1e is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 19, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
allymc316
Getting Excited

Your already onto the MD so that’s the right place to be dealing with.

I would tell them -

When we booked our holiday we specified that the VRoom was to be included as part of our package. This is a really important part of the holiday to us as it allows us to get prepared for our flight. Any changes to this part of our holiday will have a detrimental affect on our ability to enjoy the holiday we booked, paid for and which you were contracted to provide.

Should you now fail to provide all elements of the agreed contract and unless we can come to an amicable solution then I will be taking this matter to county court for breach of contract and as a consequential loss for such a breach I will also be claiming loss of enjoyment to our holiday as I have explained how important this is. You have already admitted it is your fault for overbooking so it will be very easy for me to prove in court. You have to understand it is not just about the monetary value, a holiday is about relaxing and having fun, all of which you are ruining for us.

This is a once in a lifetime trip for which you are making us feel very nervous for what other aspects of our holiday you plan not to provide. This again is affecting our ability to look forward to this holiday.

I ask you reinvoke our v room access and the matter will be settled. Failure to do so will result in the above action. I am also making you aware I will be claiming for my time and all costs in any action brought against Virgin Holidays.

For avoidance of doubt treat this email as a LETTER BEFORE ACTION. You have 14 days to comply after which legal action will be taking without any further notice to you.

Regards

Now you could force their hand and claim your cancelling due to the change but it depends how far your willing to push it. It’s their error not yours! Any way they would not like it if you wanted to make changes so hit them hard.

Good luck with it and keep us posted

Edited at 10:38 AM.
allymc316 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 19, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
lpd222
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
We booked last March also and flying 6th April.

Not heard anything yet :s

How did they inform you?
A voice mail & email.
lpd222 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 19, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
T.jenni
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I'd really want to know how they decided who to cancel as you booked a year ago! Over the years I don't think I've had a single booking with virgin that hasn't had an issue and there customer service is unpredictable at best, I have always had to speak to a manager to get things fixed though the agents just seem to quote policys to get away with treating people badly
T.jenni is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 19, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by allymc316 View Post
Your already onto the MD so that’s the right place to be dealing with.

I would tell them -

When we booked our holiday we specified that the VRoom was to be included as part of our package. This is a really important part of the holiday to us as it allows us to get prepared for our flight. Any changes to this part of our holiday will have a detrimental affect on our ability to enjoy the holiday we booked, paid for and which you were contracted to provide.

Should you now fail to provide all elements of the agreed contract and unless we can come to an amicable solution then I will be taking this matter to county court for breach of contract and as a consequential loss for such a breach I will also be claiming loss of enjoyment to our holiday as I have explained how important this is. You have already admitted it is your fault for overbooking so it will be very easy for me to prove in court. You have to understand it is not just about the monetary value, a holiday is about relaxing and having fun, all of which you are ruining for us.

This is a once in a lifetime trip for which you are making us feel very nervous for what other aspects of our holiday you plan not to provide. This again is affecting our ability to look forward to this holiday.

I ask you reinvoke our v room access and the matter will be settled. Failure to do so will result in the above action. I am also making you aware I will be claiming for my time and all costs in any action brought against Virgin Holidays.

For avoidance of doubt treat this email as a LETTER BEFORE ACTION. You have 14 days to comply after which legal action will be taking without any further notice to you.

Regards

Now you could force their hand and claim your cancelling due to the change but it depends how far your willing to push it. It’s their error not yours! Any way they would not like it if you wanted to make changes so hit them hard.

Good luck with it and keep us posted
I think this is way too extreme for the cancellation of a lounge and I suspect whoever reads it will laugh - I certainly did. How can not spending a couple of hours in a lounge be detrimental to the enjoyment of the holiday?
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 19, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
allymc316
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
I think this is way too extreme for the cancellation of a lounge and I suspect whoever reads it will laugh - I certainly did. How can not spending a couple of hours in a lounge be detrimental to the enjoyment of the holiday?
Quite simply it doesn’t matter how small you, me or anyone else deems the change to be. All that matters is how the change affects the OP. Extreme, maybe but I guarantee you it would get the result the op is looking. You might laugh, they might laugh, but the question is does this breach the contract and that is a resounding yes, if the agent knows you won’t be messed around they tend not to mess you around. They would then look for someone like yourself who doesn’t see it as a big deal (which is fine, everyone has their own opinions) and cancel yours. Same result for them but less grief.
allymc316 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List