Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 18 Mar 19, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyYoda
Imagineer

I'll eat my Disney Ears if there's no free dining for 2020. Not only that...I'd go to California instead! I know you are reading this Disney World!

I'd wait if I were you. I have found good prices for Universal every time I've been. Usually, I book with Expedia towards the end of the year...they do about 15% cash back with quidco or topcashback and have always paid out. Their prices haven't dropped yet though.

Just for comparison, we booked Portofino Bay (Garden View, 2 queens, 2 adults 2 kids) via Expedia for 7 nights from 21 Aug 18 (booked in Jan 2018 in their sale). Cost us a total of £1290. Then we got £180 cash back paid about 2-3 months after our stay. So net cost was £1100.

Also I book my flights in Sales. Never have a problem getting something good. BA sale has been best for me (think that's End August into September...maybe someone can confirm).

Edited at 04:56 PM. Reason: extra
DisneyYoda is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
wiggy111
New Poster (2)

If i book a trip for summer 2020 now and free dining is added next month can i get the offer added to my holiday?
I phoned Disney earlier and asked. The lady said yes it would be fine and there would be no admin fees... but she didn't sound too sure!
She advised to add and pay for the package now and then get it deducted as opposed to not booking it and then trying to get it added.
Any thoughts?
wiggy111 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by wiggy111 View Post
If i book a trip for summer 2020 now and free dining is added next month can i get the offer added to my holiday?
I phoned Disney earlier and asked. The lady said yes it would be fine and there would be no admin fees... but she didn't sound too sure!
She advised to add and pay for the package now and then get it deducted as opposed to not booking it and then trying to get it added.
Any thoughts?
It's not something Disney have done in the past. Normally you have to cancel your existing booking, lose the deposit and rebook the new offer. As lovely as it is to get something booked, it's much better to wait and what we all do

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
wiggy111
New Poster (2)

Great thanks. I thought she sounded a little sketchy on the details. If the plan is released is it just a straight discount of the cost of the dining plan or will the room rates increase at the same time?
wiggy111 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Great thanks. I thought she sounded a little sketchy on the details. If the plan is released is it just a straight discount of the cost of the dining plan or will the room rates increase at the same time?
Room rates generally stay the same. There may be a small change, and some have even gone down in past years, but if there is an increase, it's nowhere near the value of the plan. Last year it looked like prices had increased, but it was actually Disney's annual price increase that they did at the same time. The dining plan is free

loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyYoda
Imagineer

Disney World prices have risen about 8% each year at least for the last 5 years. There was also a big jump when the pound dropped. Lets just say it cost me £4800 for 14 nights at OKW (with tickets) for my 2015 trip and I'm expecting to pay £7700 for 2020 for just 12 nights at OKW (with tickets)! 1 bed villa 2 adults, 2 children.

That's a lotta price hiking from the Mouse!

Edited at 05:29 PM.
DisneyYoda is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
briant2001
Excited about Disney

So - there would clearly have needed to have been a decision on Free Dining by now in order to allow TA's to print brochures and other supporting literature.

I'm just surprise at how amazingly they all keep it to themselves - we're not even planning on going next year and the wait to find out if it'll be offered is killing me

2018 Port Orleans & Loews Royal Pacific

2022 ONSITE?
briant2001 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by briant2001 View Post
So - there would clearly have needed to have been a decision on Free Dining by now in order to allow TA's to print brochures and other supporting literature.

I'm just surprise at how amazingly they all keep it to themselves - we're not even planning on going next year and the wait to find out if it'll be offered is killing me
Yes, no different to previous years, and they pretty much all keep quiet until Disney give them the go ahead to say something.