Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Mar 19, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
lapixiefairy
Trainee Dibber

Mobile Florida with a 6 month old - are we crazy?

Evening all!

Like the title says, are we crazy to even think of doing Florida with a 6 month old? I’m trying to convince the husband it’s a good idea so any thoughts/hints or tips would be good. A couple of questions that come to mind

- are any specific airlines better to fly with an infant? We’ve flown with both Thomas Cook and Virgin before but obv not with baby in tow.
- Advice for in parks, how do you manage with heat, crowds, etc?

We are limited to term time due to husbands job so we would probably be looking to go last week in June/first week in July. We know it would be a totally different style of holiday. I’d be happy only having a handful of park days rather than being on the go all the time. And yes, it’s a holiday more for us than baby 😬😆.
lapixiefairy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 19, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
eeyoremad
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I went with a 10 week old so i say go for it.
You can request the sky cot on your flight which helps for when baby sleeps.
The baby care centres are fab aswell, they are nice and comfy and also quiet so great for a rest
eeyoremad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 19, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
legallyblonde
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We took a 4 month old and it was fairly easy really - I mean, it’s a bit of change of pace of course, but they are fairly adaptable and portable at that age. Just keep them cool of course. Go for it!
legallyblonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 19, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
legallyblonde
VIP Dibber

Read through this link and the links I left in this thread as this is raised quite a lot:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1094071

Edited at 10:14 PM.
legallyblonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 19, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
amandathepanda
Imagineer

We went with a 4 month old, she was no trouble at all. She’s 15 months now and wouldn’t dream of taking her 😂 going to wait now until she’s about 4 now 😂
Old 16 Mar 19, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
legallyblonde
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by amandathepanda View Post
We went with a 4 month old, she was no trouble at all. She’s 15 months now and wouldn’t dream of taking her 😂 going to wait now until she’s about 4 now 😂
Agree with this completely - there’s a small gap of opportunity between fairly easy to an absolute nightmare in my view! Haha our 4 month old was so much easier than our 23 month old. Anything from about 12 months - 3years I would avoid personally!
Old 16 Mar 19, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
luvorlando12
Excited about Disney

We took our little one at 6 months old during August he was a little star, coped very well with the heat and flights and loved to meet the characters. We then took him to Disneyland paris at 18 months, we will be taking him to Paris again this august he will be 2 and half and back to Orlando next Feb at 3.

We also took our other son at 15 months, 2 and half to Florida. The memories we made will last a lifetime! Go for it!
luvorlando12 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 19, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney20152
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

We took our daughter at 8 weeks old, along with our other 2 children, and it was absolutely fine. Our 2.5year old was definitely harder work than the baby . I would have no hesitation doing it again, we had a great time. Go for it, you will have a great time x
Disney20152 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 19, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Can you go during any term time? If so, I wouldn't pick June/July as far too hot! It's dfoable but only if you have no other option. October, for example, would be far more pleasant.
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
missdopey
Imagineer

We took DD at 9months, just turned 2, 2yr 11 months, 3yr 9months and 4 years twice. Each was different in terms of what she could do but none of them put us off taking her again. She used to sleep for most of the flight when she was younger which was brilliant! We’re now thinking about the best time to take baby number 2 and hoping to get a couple of trips in when I’m on maternity leave. I’ve got no concerns how old this one will be when we go as it’s really not that bad and Disney is the perfect place for kids of any age.

ASMo, ASMu x4, SSR x2, BLT x 4, CSR, POLY, AKL x 4, BC x 4, BWV, CC, OKW
DVC MEMBER - BLT & SSR
missdopey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List