Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Mar 19, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
SW82SW
New Poster (5)

Mobile Travelling with ready made baby milk bottles

Hi,

I know this question has been asked previously but I just wondered if anyone has any recent experience of taking the ready made formula bottles rather than the formula powder. We are heading over to WDW, flying with BA, and were hoping to take enough bottles to cover the 2 weeks rather than having to mess about with making formula. The plan was to put a load in our hold luggage and also collect some from Boots airside at Gatwick to use on the flight. Does anyone foresee any issues with customs etc?

Thanks
SW82SW is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

So long as you put them in your suitcases or buy airside and remember to declare them I’m sure this is fine. Your other option is to see if US Amazon Prime have what you want and get it delivered to your resort. You could do the one month free trial. Would save weight in your luggage.
Old 17 Mar 19, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
fiffio
Imagineer

We’re doing this, preorder 6 from boots once through security and taking 6 in hold for coming back, just have to declare and the US customs guys will scan them and swab us and the bottles then let us through to get flight home.

We’re taking 4 canisters of the formula in powder form for while we’re away.
fiffio is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Do you truly mean you want to make up enough bottles to cover two weeks, or did you mean two flights?
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
bella9
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Jan View Post
Do you truly mean you want to make up enough bottles to cover two weeks, or did you mean two flights?
Thought I'd not read the OP correctly.
bella9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

I think she does mean enough for the two weeks but buying the ready made bottles. Used to be SMA when I bought it pre'prepared if caravanning with baby son.
Old 17 Mar 19, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
vickitoria10
Dibbing with Tink

We did this in 2017. We took about 12kg worth of milk split between 3 cases (think it worked out about 70 bottles) and used the space for souvenirs when we came back. We just declared baby formula on the customs form. The only problem we had was coming home and security at mco wanted to open all that we had for the flight to test them. We said we couldn’t as once open they had to used within 2 hours (as is stated on the bottle), they accepted this and only opened one but we had to have a pat down instead and a thorough bag search too! It was so much easier taking the pre made bottles!

Edited at 11:25 PM.
vickitoria10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
The bottled baby milk is a different formula and colour than the UK versions so might be worth bringing some powder also.

You can take bottled/cartoned baby milk for the flight through security and customs at both the UK side and US side. So personally I'd make sure I had it prior and not rely on boots. We took through about 8 bottles each way in hand luggage and lots of bottles and powder in the suitcases.
fredflintstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
legallyblonde
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by fiffio View Post
We’re doing this, preorder 6 from boots once through security and taking 6 in hold for coming back, just have to declare and the US customs guys will scan them and swab us and the bottles then let us through to get flight home.

We’re taking 4 canisters of the formula in powder form for while we’re away.
We did exactly this and it was fine. On way home bottles were swabbed by us security but all was fine.
legallyblonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 01:43 AM  
Link to this Post
SW82SW
New Poster (5)

Mobile

What Vickitoria did is exactly what I mean. We use Hipp so it would be about 70 of their 200ml bottles we would need to take too. So as long as we declare it we should be fine.
SW82SW is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List