Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Mar 19, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella2006
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Can i ask how you order to pick up from boots at the airport? I havnt had a baby in 12 years so this is all new to me ... Thanks
Cinderella2006 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I really cannot believe what I am reading!
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Jan View Post
I really cannot believe what I am reading!
What can’t you believe? Bit of a dramatic post if you don’t explain further
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I know I am many years passed the age of children but I didn’t have any difficulty in making up baby bottles. I would much rather take formula than take water across the Atlantic.
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

At least you know it will be clean and sterile. Whilst you can sterilise bottles in a microwave not all hotels have them. If not you have to take all the wherewith all to sterilize them. You can also be sure that the different water will not upset their stomachs. Secondly, if anything like I was, the last thing I wanted to be doing on holiday was make up bottles. God bless pre prepared bottles I say!
Old 18 Mar 19, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
June8th
Apprentice Imagineer

Far easier to take the ready made bottles, ordered them from Boots airside.
Home prepared bottles only last for two hours before they need drinking, if you are in the parks that’s too long.
The steriliser we took would not work with the USA electricity, nor would the bottle maker. It also didn’t help that the kitchen of the villa was over run with cockroaches! Not ideal for making baby bottles...
We did have an issue at Orlando airport where the security woman wanted to open every bottle, another chap kindly explained to her that they would be useless after two hours! She then proceeded to swab every bottle, took over an hour to get through.
June8th is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I know I am many years passed the age of children but I didn’t have any difficulty in making up baby bottles. I would much rather take formula than take water across the Atlantic.
Like you I am many years passed the age of children. Like you I didn’t have any issues making up baby bottles.

Unlike the young mums on here I never travelled as far as Florida with a baby but I wish ready made was available when mine were young.
ready made formula is perfectly acceptable and available in hospitals where it is transported regularly

Plus, without sounding harsh. It’s their decision it’s no like thier saying they are going to transport contraband
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss Mouse
Excited about Disney

The OP is planning on taking formula... in a ready made form in a sealed bottle. I don’t think they are suggesting they will take their own water to make up powdered formula bottles!

OP... we have done a click and collect order for airside at Boots previously..it’s very easy. Planning to do one again this time X

Edited at 08:00 PM.
Miss Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
vickitoria10
Dibbing with Tink

Originally Posted by SW82SW View Post
What Vickitoria did is exactly what I mean. We use Hipp so it would be about 70 of their 200ml bottles we would need to take too. So as long as we declare it we should be fine.
It was no problems at all, the only issue is the weight but we knew we had space to bring presents home! They did fill the top of the tv cabinet in the room! Lol! We just wanted to have the same milk as home and not have the hassle of the powder as we knew we would rarely be in the room and we wouldn’t be able to make the powder up fresh. We also used the ready made bottles for out and about at home, we never took powder out at home either. We just wanted to keep everything the same for the baby so not to upset her tummy.

Another tip, we didn’t have a microwave so took a cold water steriliser bucket too and some Milton tablets. Just left the bucket there when we came home.

Edited at 09:29 PM.
vickitoria10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We took enough there for 12 nights last year. 20 cartons in each of our three hold bags and then we picked up another 40 at Boots airside which we put into an empty carry on bag. It was a lot of weight but so worth it for the ease of use and peace of mind.

This was our cupboard in our apartmentt

We had to have the ones in our hand luggage (before security) scanned and on the way back the US security swabbed the bottles. It was all fine.

Edited at 10:03 PM.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List