Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 18 Mar 19, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
mariechez
Imagineer

mariechez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Scarborough..ish

We are driving from Norfolk to Scotland and want an overnight stop about halfway. We want somewhere we can park easily and spend the afternoon/early mooching about.

Coming back we are coming from Loch Lomond so will come down the west side, again any recommendations? we could possibly do 2 nights on the return leg.

Any ideas please?

Many thanks

ORLANDO 03,04,05x2,07,O8,09,10x2,11x2,12x2,13,14,15,16
LV x2,SAN FRAN & LA,CRUISING THE CARIBBEAN,BALTICS ,FJORDS,BAHAMAS,ITALY,
BARCELONA,FRANCE, PORTUGAL,BOSTON, NEW ENGLAND,BELGUIM,GUERNSEY. NEW YORKx3 & MIAMI
mariechez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

Depnds what you are looking for , but Scarboro is out of the way. Maybe look at York or Harrogate.
Return leg Blackpool and a day on the pleasure beach.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

East Coast is an under appreciated gem. We had a great time for 2 nights (and very cheap to rent) a house on The Bay, Filey, close to Scarborough. Think the very nice house was £80 a night between Xmas and New Year. Filey has just been adjudged to have the best beach in the UK according to Sunday Times. Can quickly get to Scarborough (the new water park is good, Peasholme Park good) Bridlington, Whitby. Can get some of the best fish and chips in the world in this area. If the weather is nice, it's great. Very nice countryside all around.

Edited at 12:57 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
East Coast is an under appreciated gem. We had a great time for 2 nights (and very cheap to rent) a house on The Bay, Filey, close to Scarborough. Think the very nice house was £80 a night between Xmas and New Year. Filey has just been adjudged to have the best beach in the UK according to Sunday Times. Can quickly get to Scarborough (the new water park is good, Peasholme Park good) Bridlington, Whitby. Can get some of the best fish and chips in the world in this area. If the weather is nice, it's great. Very nice countryside all around.
Agree

192 I think it’s called for fish and chips in sewerby is really good

We usually stay at reighton sands holiday park with their statics but there are some lovely hotels.

Filey is very good beach to walk on.

Do like the old town festival and food festival in June but it’s the weekend before we go to Disney. Not sure I could squeeze in going this year
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
I'm from Scarborough originally, but its really not on your way unfortunately. Its a good 45 mins up the A64 from York. Its lovely though, as is Whitby a bit further north
Old 18 Mar 19, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
harryhaflinger
Excited about Disney

harryhaflinger's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Whitby if you want the coast or York inland, both lovely places to visit, lots to do and plenty of scrummy food.
harryhaflinger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
Agree

192 I think it’s called for fish and chips in sewerby is really good

We usually stay at reighton sands holiday park with their statics but there are some lovely hotels.

Filey is very good beach to walk on.

Do like the old town festival and food festival in June but it’s the weekend before we go to Disney. Not sure I could squeeze in going this year
192 in Brid is where I got takeaway from, good enough for Charles and Camilla, good enough for me. 10 mins drive from Filey.

Also Seagulls Inn Flamborough Head 15 mins away excellent.
Old 18 Mar 19, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I and my son used to love Peasholme Patk. The Flea Circus, The Water chute that shot you down and dragged you up again and the model gun boat battles on the lake. Simple pleasures!
My favourite places to stay are Robin Hoods Bay and Runswick Bay but agree they are not on a direct route for the OP.
Old 18 Mar 19, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
mariechez
Imagineer

mariechez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
I was originally going to stop at Robin Hood Bay which is why I just picked Scarborough without re-checking the route. i shouldn't be allowed near maps York makes far more sense

ORLANDO 03,04,05x2,07,O8,09,10x2,11x2,12x2,13,14,15,16
LV x2,SAN FRAN & LA,CRUISING THE CARIBBEAN,BALTICS ,FJORDS,BAHAMAS,ITALY,
BARCELONA,FRANCE, PORTUGAL,BOSTON, NEW ENGLAND,BELGUIM,GUERNSEY. NEW YORKx3 & MIAMI
mariechez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mariechez View Post
I was originally going to stop at Robin Hood Bay which is why I just picked Scarborough without re-checking the route. i shouldn't be allowed near maps York makes far more sense
What a shame, its a beautiful area.