Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Mar 19, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

I'm not sure exactly what you're hoping to get from a dermatologist referral. If the GP does think that it's dyshidrotic eczema there's not really much to be done other than barrier and moisturize. It's a pain in the backside and sometimes a bit uncomfortable and ugly. I find the worst bit is the scabs on the soles of feet - they look far worse than they are. When the blisters are there they are pretty much invisible.
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Fawkes
Helping Mickey

I quite often get bouts of contact dermatitis but as well as the red spots mine is horrendously itchy - I have cortisone cream for flare ups.
I wouldn't say it was shingles as the shingles virus tends to target one vertebrae nerve, hence why you generally get bands around the body. The fingers and toes wouldn't be served by the same nerve so unlikely to be shingles.
Fawkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
terriandaaron
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

My dd often get this , her poor hands look so sore bless her .
The dermatologist gave her some cream and touch wood she hasnt had a bad bout for a year or so now after quite a few episodes
terriandaaron is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

My DH has a never ending battle with his, his are his fingers rather than palms though. He maybe gets a couple of weeks at most rest from it. After years of trying everything to help lots of prescriptions he has recently decided Sudocrem is working really well.
Old 18 Mar 19, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Celica190
Imagineer

I had it on my fingers many years ago. It was horrendous - itchy, sore, weeping, bleeding, cracked skin all around my knuckles. I’m also allergic to lanolin, which is used in many moisturisers, so it was almost impossible to treat. Then DH bought me a dishwasher and it disappeared virtually overnight 😳

1996 Days Inn Universal 1999, 2003 & 2005 Quality Inn International 2007 and 2011 Bahama Bay Resort
Celica190 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

I get this regularly. Its a type of excema in my case. The doctor prescribes Betnovate or Dermavate. Clears it up in no time. Stay away from sugary stuff as it can make it worse.
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
traceylou1972
Apprentice Imagineer

traceylou1972's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Hi,

Pustular psoriasis is another possibility. I had this about 10 years ago and ended up having light treatment as nothing else helps. I only got it on my palms and occasionally on the soles of my feet.

Tracey
Cheyenne Aug 01, Circus Dec 03 ,DCR Dec 04, Magic Circus Dec 05, Kyriad NYE 07, Sequoia Feb 08, Val de Eur Jun 08, Cheyenne Oct 08, Magic Circus Jul 09, DH Feb 10, Newport Bay Feb 11, Kryiad Nov 11, Circus Jan 13 Sept 93 I Drive, Jul 07 Villa,Apr 09 Villa, Oct 10 Villa, Apr 11 Cruise & Villa, Xmas 11 Villa, July 12 Villa, Apr 14 Villa, Apr 15 Cruise & Villa, Dec 15 Villa, Aug 17 Villa & Cruise, Oct 18 Villa, Aug 19
traceylou1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
ducati211
Trainee Dibber

I had this many years ago, stress related and still get it of and on, on my hands though never too bad, I was at a dermatologist as no cream from the g.p. helped had to get other stuff, cant remember name of and bandages soaked in zinc to put on my feet at night they were so bad but the heat from my feet and all the blisters dried the bandages out very quickly.
ducati211 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridasun
Imagineer

Hand foot & mouth? Not everyone feels poorly with it.
Floridasun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Holidaylover19
VIP Dibber

Holidaylover19's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Originally Posted by archibald View Post
I would guess at dyshidrotic eczema too. I get small fluid filled blisters that are quite itchy and sore (horrible on the soles of your feet). After the blister pops, a small scab forms and then a larger area of skin peels. I wear gloves a lot when doing outside jobs and avoid touching metals (have farm, so touch lots) which helps on the hands and is no longer a problem. Also a heavy moisturiser such as vicks or vasoline on your feet may help. My GP failed to diagnose it, many do. I'm not a fan of Dr Google or asking for medical help on social media, but it worked for me!
I think I had this on my hands- it was really awful and SO sore when it began to peel. I couldn't even wash my hands without terrible pain. I had to use a strong ointment once a day and thick, greasy emollient twice a day to clear it up.
Holidaylover19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List