Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 18 Mar 19, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Star Wars Dessert Party

Has anyone done this - is it worth it and are alcoholic beverages included or extra?

TIA DisneyCupcake
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Found an answer in the Theme Park threads - yes alcoholic beverages included so nice to have a glass of wine with my food.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I've not done it- but Tim tracker (on you-tube) reviewed this last week. It looked good but I'm not sure its worth the money unless you fancy a good few drinks. We didn't struggle to get a good view for the fireworks just by turning up. Alcohol included some wine , beers and cocktails.
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
neatfrk
Imagineer

I've done it. It wasn't terrible, but I wouldn't do it again.

It takes place in a pretty tight space (over to the right of where you meet Kylo and Chewie) with high top tables only. Nowhere to sit. The whole thing was fairly unorganized and chaotic - especially 10 minutes before the fireworks when everyone lines up to be marched out to the reserved area.

The view is great, but you are better off getting a snack and a beer and camping out for a good spot a half hour before. You'll have a lot of money that way.

If you do go, get there early...get your fill of sweets and drinks and then go meet the characters and come back for more later. Don't plan on staying at the party the whole time...you'll be bored.
neatfrk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
hallamdisneyfan
Earning More Ears

We want to do this. Last time I checked on MDE our dates were not released. DD will turn 17 while on our holiday-of-a-lifetime so we'd like to do something special for her. She can't drink alcohol but she can have cake and fireworks. Not sure if we would do it if there wasn't a special occasion.
hallamdisneyfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Becstarprincess
Proud to wear my Ears

We did this in August, we enjoyed it and my boys loved it, everyone is now given a table with chairs to sit at and also a time to meet the characters. I really enjoyed the food the savoury selection was really tasty. Tim tracker’s review is good to watch.
We had a lot of interaction with the storm troopers it was good fun ! The view of the fireworks was excellent too. We felt in was worth it as we all love Star Wars.
Becstarprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Applejak
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

We watched Tim Trackers video amd it looks good. But I think we are going to go with the Tomorrowland one this trip. Just feels like a premium location at MK is nore beneficial somehow. Let us know what its like if you decide to go 😊
Applejak is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We loved it. I booked it the day before while is hs as ds had seen it and wanted to do it .
Tip the barman a dollar and the drinks get stronger lol. Even gave us one in a coffee cup to take with us to watch the fireworks . Good value if you are drinking not so if you aren’t .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List