Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Mar 19, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Ooh this brings back memories of when I got married. Its just plain rude to not RSVP, it takes minutes! We had loads to chase up as my ex husband has a huge extended family that never bothered to reply then we had 5 not even turn up on the day, and at £110 a head that did not go down well . Next time it'll just be myself, my OH and my 2 kids that's it!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

There is no such thing as commitment these days. People just think they can do what they please and dont give a stuff as to how this impacts others. Our utterly selfish world these days. Sign of the times.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by Weddingnyc View Post
No one rsvp’d for my kids party and I was mad, so I can’t imagine how cross and upset you are. Unfortunately people not rsvping and not turning up seems to be common, it’s happened to two relatives recently, who have had small weddings. My cousins only 3 work friends didn’t show, that must have been awkward on Monday morning :/
Try and remember the bigger picture, and don’t get bogged down with other peoples issues, I hope you have a lovely day.
I was going to say expect the same if you go on to have kids. The amount of parents that don't reply to party invites or try to bring siblings along even at per head venues. I don't miss those days.

Good luck with the Wedding and just think there'll be more haribo for you if people don't turn up.
Old 18 Mar 19, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

For the daytime invite I think not responding is very impolite.

For the evening the venue is wanting the number you wish to have catered for. They won't be counting the people in and out. So on that front I'd be more relaxed and make a best judgement on what you feel is the right number. No 2 people will eat the same amount anyway, so you can't get it exactly right even if you had a 100% RSVP.

No point in stressing on what is out of your control. Just put a stake in the ground on a number for the evening and let it go. You will have a great wedding with people who cared enough to be part of it. Don't fret about those who didn't.

Have a great wedding and making memories with those who attend.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsEgg
Apprentice Imagineer

We had a couple who came to the church and broke up on the car journey to the reception and went home. I thought they had got lost on the way to the reception or something, I was in such a panic! On the plus side DHs friends enjoyed the extra meals, we laugh about it now but at the time I wasn't impressed!
MrsEgg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

If people haven't RSVP for the day then I would take them off my list and if they turned up they would be hungry or have to pay for themselves

The evening do I would always reduce the final number for no shows, so if expecting 30 would say about 24.

Though when a paper invite is sent it gets put on the dresser or such so people are reminded
Old 18 Mar 19, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post

go on then, I will be polite and help you out, when and where is it ? ? ? ? me and my wife will pop along
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

We had so many problems like this on our wedding day. We actually had three full day guests (who had RSVP'ed) not turn up at all.

I think the problem is to the bride and groom (and their closest friends and family) it seems like the most important thing but to others it's just another wedding in their calendar

Try not to let it stress you out too much - you can't control their actions but you can control the fact that it won't ruin your big day!
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Universal VR
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tspill View Post
There is no such thing as commitment these days. People just think they can do what they please and dont give a stuff as to how this impacts others. Our utterly selfish world these days. Sign of the times.
Absolutely agree with this. Once I’ve accepted an invitation (having RSVPd of course), that’s it, I’m going. I think some people delay replying or don’t at all in case something better comes along! My sister is shocking even with something minor. If I ask he if she wants to go somewhere in a few weeks, she’ll say “I don’t even know what I’m doing next week, let alone in six weeks!”. I feel as though she just waits to see what else is going on that might be preferable to spending the day with me. When my daughter got married, wasctinging around the week before to see who was coming. It’s very annoying and also very rude!

Hope you have a wonderful day!
Old 18 Mar 19, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

Originally Posted by Orlando 2004 View Post
I was going to say expect the same if you go on to have kids. The amount of parents that don't reply to party invites or try to bring siblings along even at per head venues. I don't miss those days.

Good luck with the Wedding and just think there'll be more haribo for you if people don't turn up.
Absolutely! We went to the wholesalers yesterday and my OH went rogue, we have about 15kilos of sweets 😂