Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 19 Mar 19, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Lulu Belle
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ninnybobs View Post
If you find yourself in Fort Myers have a look at Bowditch Point Park. It’s just along the beach from Fort Myers Pier, but is a lot quieter and often have plenty of dolphins and Manatees to watch.
My favourite restraunt is Captain Con’s at Bokeelia on Pine Island. Nice meal and a sunset to follow... heaven !
Wow that sounds amazing. My children would be thrilled to see manatees in the wild -and dolphins of course - but they've only seen manatees at Epcot before. I'll add that to my list

I don't really know much about Pine island but it's so close to where we're going so this sounds great. Love a restaurant recommendation - especially one that includes a great sunset. Thanks!
Lulu Belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Lulu Belle View Post
Thanks!

You've just reminded me that our villa has bikes too so we'll definitely be making use of those to explore the area around the villa. I also love a supermarket shop in the US... as do our kids. Over there is the only time they get pop tarts for breakfast and we're all a bit addicted to peanut butter M&Ms! I'm sure you'll love your villa stay. It's just perfect sitting by the pool in the morning having breakfast.

We were originally planning a lot more driving. In fact, we were originally going to Universal for a night. We realised it would be so much driving that we scaled it back to just CC and the Keys. It should make for a more relaxed time and we can appreciate the longer but scenic drives we do have.

I hope you have a fabulous holiday too!
Thanks

Old 19 Mar 19, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
chrisxal
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
We are heading to the Keys and Ft Lauderdale in May, don't forget the excellent shopping experience at Sawgrass Mills, the biggest and best Mall in Florida IMHO, it has all of the shops I like such as Marshalls, Ross, Burlington, Bed Bath and Beyond etc inside the mall along with all of the High End designers such as Jimmy Choo, Burberry, Gucci & Prada
chrisxal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by chrisxal View Post
We are heading to the Keys and Ft Lauderdale in May, don't forget the excellent shopping experience at Sawgrass Mills, the biggest and best Mall in Florida IMHO, it has all of the shops I like such as Marshalls, Ross, Burlington, Bed Bath and Beyond etc inside the mall along with all of the High End designers such as Jimmy Choo, Burberry, Gucci & Prada
I'll second Sawgrass Mills for shopping, I'm not a big shopper myself but the rest of my tribe like to shop and they like it there!
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We were excited to drive Miami to Key West (and back) in a Mustang convertible.

Was a great experience, very steady drive so you could take in the views (although to be honest there were large sections of roadside strips). Great feeling to get off the plane and into the car. Drive back in the full heat of the day was nice but be wary of the sun beating down on your head for 4 hours!

Sawgrass Mills was a disappointment overall. Found it quite expensive and as it's enclosed it was pretty noisy. Much prefer the outside outlets in Orlando.
2point is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Purdy
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Going to Naples in 17 days time 😎 and can feel my mood lifting already. Big blue skies and beautiful gulf beach sunsets with a rum punch in hand.
Fishing off Naples pier with the kids and looking out for dolphins.
Sitting around the villa pool at night listening to the frogs after having a great BBQ
Sailing out on the Sweet Liberty Catamaran
Silverspot cinema at Mercato followed by lunch or supper at Bravo
Lunch at the Village Pub on Venetian Bay followed by ice cream
Shopping day at Miromar and lunch at Ford's Garage
Stroll down 5th Avenue at night when the fairy lights are on the palm trees
Have done kayaking many times
I could go on. We love it!
Ps Publix fried chicken is a first day tradition 🌴🏖🌞
Purdy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Lulu Belle
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Purdy View Post
Going to Naples in 17 days time 😎 and can feel my mood lifting already. Big blue skies and beautiful gulf beach sunsets with a rum punch in hand.
Fishing off Naples pier with the kids and looking out for dolphins.
Sitting around the villa pool at night listening to the frogs after having a great BBQ
Sailing out on the Sweet Liberty Catamaran
Silverspot cinema at Mercato followed by lunch or supper at Bravo
Lunch at the Village Pub on Venetian Bay followed by ice cream
Shopping day at Miromar and lunch at Ford's Garage
Stroll down 5th Avenue at night when the fairy lights are on the palm trees
Have done kayaking many times
I could go on. We love it!
Ps Publix fried chicken is a first day tradition 🌴🏖🌞
That all sounds amazing! Really looking forward to exploring Naples
Lulu Belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
i cannot wait for our december trip

We are flying into Miami then overnight in Key Largo before that amazing drive to the Keys!

Im not a big drinker but I am looking forward to a few beers/cocktails all over Key West - I follow various places on Instagram/Facebook and it looks amazing!
Plus Key Lime Pie and watching the sunset.
Hopefully its not too cold!

Then we're up the coast for 4 nights at Cape Coral and 6 nights at AMI.

I am soo excited to see what Key West is like - i hope its going to be as good as I am expecting!

I really want to go back to Star Fish Co for dinner and walk up the beach to the cafe on AMI for a breakfast of all you can eat pancakes!
Thats our plan for Xmas day anyway!

:p gig:
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 19, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
famoa
Trying for More Ears

Could anyone tell me what the weather is like at Christmas time please. Looking to spend 4 nights in New York then fly to Miami.

Thanks

Edited at 12:05 PM.
famoa is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 19, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by famoa View Post
Could anyone tell me what the weather is like at Christmas time please. Looking to spend 4 nights in New York then fly to Miami.

Thanks
I'd like to know this too 😉😉.

I'll be happy with no rain but how I'd love to wear my shorts every day!
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List