Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Mar 19, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
LostGirl
Imagineer

LostGirl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile Nothing But a Good Time

Hi guys

Just got back this morning.

We survived spring break madness. Yayyy!

Not going to do a "proper" trip report, but just highlight a few things.

We flew BA as part as a bargain package, we usually fly Virgin so a first for us. On the whole ok, food not good though.

We normally stay in a villa, and was very apprehensive about reverting back to our early I Drive days. We stayed at Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando and for what we paid was pleasantly surprised. Clean, quiet and central. Would probably do it again if the price is right. After all we were barely in the room anyway. Had a fridge and microwave so could muster a basic breakfast quickly and efficiently.

Another first for us was Alamo "skip the counter". Thanks Dibbers for the advice on this, it saved us loads of time.

The last first for us was going this time of year. My DH lost his father in December and we just needed an Orlando "fix", so a cheap 10 day break it was. We are used to going in November when it's quiet (between TG and Xmas), so for us the Spring Break 80 - 90 - 100 minute waits were a shock! BUT with planning we were fine, at Disney rinsed the fast pass system and Universal using single rider lines. At both franchises the no 1 theme park rule of get there early certainly applied. We had a lot done by 11 when we noticed crowds starting to grow. We also made sure we made us of high capacity sit down shows like Fear Factor and Hall of Presidents to give us a break.

We used MDE to get on the night ADRs for Jiko, Narcoossee's and Boma so that was fab.

Finally the title of this report so being as I got to see Bret Michaels from Poison at Sea world. Apologies if anyone saw me that night, I did sing, dance and scream rather loudly, but Poison were a massive part of my youth and I had a total blast. Best bit was got to meet Bret after and have a hug and selfie, such a nice guy.

Right off to do the washing now!

V

LostGirl

LostGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridafour
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Sounds like a great trip, you can’t go wrong with the Rosen hotels if you want a bit of a budget trip IMO 🙂
Floridafour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Sounds like a lovely holiday

Joan
Old 20 Mar 19, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Glad to hear you survived Spring Break, we are used to the off-season too and I'm not sure how I'd deal with the crowds visiting in peak times.

I've only heard good things about the Rosen, and although we have never stayed there it would be my first choice on I-Drive.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Hahaha, Lostgirl, I actually sang the title to myself BEFORE you mentioned Poison!

What a treat, 80s rock and metal are our kind of music in this house so my hubby would have been beside himself as he is a huge Poison fan!

Sounds like you had a great trip! Just what you needed
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Cloverlady View Post
Hahaha, Lostgirl, I actually sang the title to myself BEFORE you mentioned Poison!

What a treat, 80s rock and metal are our kind of music in this house so my hubby would have been beside himself as he is a huge Poison fan!

Sounds like you had a great trip! Just what you needed
I did exactly the same Loved Poison and was a big glam rock fan back in the day before grunge spoilt it all I spent many a happy weekend in London at the Marquee and Hippodrome.
Talk Dirty to Me is mine and my husband's song as when we first got together we had a crappy old car with a broken stereo, so on long journeys we would sing this to entertain ourselves

Hope you had a great trip LostGirl

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
LostGirl
Imagineer

LostGirl's Reviews
Mobile

Guys. I had SUCH a fab time meeting Bret. I used to "haunt" the Marquee, Astoria and Intrepid Fox. Glam was my scene and was also obsessed with Motley Crue, Cinderella, Enuff z Enuff etc.

Spring break is not too bad, just need to follow the "rules". Single rider was certainly our salvation this trip.

LostGirl

LostGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by LostGirl View Post
Guys. I had SUCH a fab time meeting Bret. I used to "haunt" the Marquee, Astoria and Intrepid Fox. Glam was my scene and was also obsessed with Motley Crue, Cinderella, Enuff z Enuff etc.

Spring break is not too bad, just need to follow the "rules". Single rider was certainly our salvation this trip.
Yes, me too! Our paths could well have crossed. Loved all of them along with Faster Pussycat, LA Guns, Skid Row, Areosmith, Bang Tango, Quireboys, Dogs D'amour. Ah, a trip down memory lane

Saw Motley Crue in Birmingham a few years ago on their farewell tour - still brilliant!

Edited at 10:30 PM.
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
LostGirl
Imagineer

LostGirl's Reviews
Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
Yes, me too! Our paths could well have crossed. Loved all of them along with Faster Pussycat, LA Guns, Skid Row, Areosmith, Bang Tango, Quireboys, Dogs D'amour. Ah, a trip down memory lane

Saw Motley Crue in Birmingham a few years ago on their farewell tour - still brilliant!
Loved ALL those bands. Bang Tango, Sebastian and Bret all signed by Lost Boys biker jacket. Sighhhhh, those were the days.

In our little Chat Bret did promise me the original Poison line up were coming to the UK next year though

LostGirl

Old 21 Mar 19, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by LostGirl View Post
Loved ALL those bands. Bang Tango, Sebastian and Bret all signed by Lost Boys biker jacket. Sighhhhh, those were the days.

In our little Chat Bret did promise me the original Poison line up were coming to the UK next year though
Yes, I met a lot of them too. Met Sebastian Bach and Rob (drummer) shopping in Kensington Market, Bang Tango and Enuff z Buff after gigs - loads of them. It was great back then!

I saw Poison at Hammersmith Stadium back in the day, and would love to see them again with the original line up, so 🤞 for that!