Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Mar 19, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
hilz22
Imagineer

Girls holidays?

Anyone been on an all ‘girls’ holiday in their 40’s
I am happily married, as is my friends. However for one of my friends 40th birthday she wants to do a few days away with just friends. Now i have said i will go as my friend has done alot for me. However i feel quite uncomfortable, i would have much preferred to go away as couples, and i struggle to understand how a girly holiday is more appealing.
Just wondering what others think?
DH is a bit put out but only because he would have liked a couples break too.

'Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do' -just saying
hilz22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
lolalolo86
Imagineer

Not in my 40's (I am 33 this year) but I can always see myself wanting to have little city breaks with my girl friends, we haven't had one in a few years due to babies being born but it is still very much talked about and on the cards for the future. I would also do couples breaks as well but its nice to have a few nights just with the girls
lolalolo86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

My Mrs is going for a 'girls trip' to Florence with some of her gym pals in July (they are 50-60 in age)

cant say i mind one bit and why not. we do plenty as a family/couple

OP perhaps your husband could have a lads trip some place? we are planning a trip to germany in the Autumn for beer/football which wouldnt really work as a couples trip so everyones a winner
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
smelli
VIP Dibber

Yes I have ! 6 of us went away for a week it was a fab break for us all,just chilling eating and having a drink or two... a couple of us even thought it did the hubbies good to sort the everyday stuff with kids etc... it can be what you want it to be 😊😜
Old 20 Mar 19, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Yes several, although ours are usually long weekends away rather than longer holidays, we always have an absolute blast

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by smelli View Post
Yes I have ! 6 of us went away for a week it was a fab break for us all,just chilling eating and having a drink or two... a couple of us even thought it did the hubbies good to sort the everyday stuff with kids etc... it can be what you want it to be 😊😜
always find these sort of comments a bit weird ? do they not do this stuff anyway? or do you assume they cant/wont...?
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
smelli
VIP Dibber

No a couple of them work for themselves ,so took time off to look after the kids etc... normally out of the house and working by that time..so they had a bit of an eye opener getting kids ready / to school etc.( not bashing them..husbands😍
Old 20 Mar 19, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Lulu Belle
Apprentice Imagineer

I have! Last year I went away with my close girlfriends (all in our 40's, all happily married/attached). Just 4 nights at a lovely resort spent sunbathing, reading and drinking cocktails. Lots of laughter and relaxation. Bliss. We decided it should be an annual thing so we are doing the same this year, I cannot wait!

Not all of our husbands/partners know each other that well so we wouldn't go as couples. Anyway we need them to stay at home to look after the children My DH is very supportive.

Just to add we are off on our family holiday to Florida not long after so it's not as though I'm having a lovely break and my family are missing out.
Lulu Belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
I love walmart
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

What is it that makes you uncomfortable? Is it finances? Do you feel guilty spending money on just yourself rather than everyone? Or maybe you are anxious to be without your husband? Are you worried some of the girls will be a bit raucous and be chasing after blokes? I’m just wondering.
I’m in my 40s (happily married) and have only been on a couple of girls trips but I loved them. I have no qualms about it or about my husband doing the same. If you’re seriously uncomfortable though it might not be fun for you.
I love walmart is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

agree with the previous comments you may have a circle of friends but the husbands probably dont know each other that well, so a couple trip might not work out as perhaps they wont all get along, want to do different things

but a group of girls/lads all friends would roughly have the same interests/ideas of what a mini break would involve

imo of course