Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Mar 19, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by smelli View Post
No a couple of them work for themselves ,so took time off to look after the kids etc... normally out of the house and working by that time..so they had a bit of an eye opener getting kids ready / to school etc.( not bashing them..husbands😍
surely they are about at weekends etc etc and are capable of looking after their own children 'alone' for a few days...
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
I love walmart
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by hilz22 View Post
No its not the money we are having a mini Portaventura break and a trip to the Caribbean this summer so the kids get enough.
I suffer with anxiety and I see DH as my protector, maybe thats what it is, also one of the girls is really active and doesn’t like to sit still. She as plans for us to do water sports, horse ridding etc. As well as night clubbing.
Its 5 nights away I am sure I will have a good time just if I am honest would rather spend the time with dh and kids lol

Edited to add I am over weight and hate night clubs lol
Well that makes sense. I’m not sure I’d be comfortable in your shoes either. The times I’ve been away have worked because we all wanted the same thing from it. Which was mostly eating, drinking, relaxing, laughing,eating, drinking... Did I mention eating and drinking? 😁
5 days is a long time away from ‘your support’ too. On our trip of 8 girls away we only did 3 nights which was plenty. I was ready to strangle the bossy boots of the group by that point!
If you are in a large-ish group you can still make it work by splitting off into splinter groups. So maybe while the active ones are horse riding, the others can go for tea and cake? If they are going to be extremely regimented and say everyone must do everything together I think it would be a bit of a nightmare tbh.
I love walmart is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
I love walmart
Being a bit Goofy

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
surely they are about at weekends etc etc and are capable of looking after their own children 'alone' for a few days...
You’d be surprised how many men don’t do the every day things with the children. It’s not a bad thing, it’s just certain families dynamics and what works for them. I had a friend whose husband was gone by 6am every morning and not back until 9pm. She was stay at home mum and was happy with that. He didn’t have a clue about the morning routine before school or the packed lunches. Weekends were downtime for fun and eating out. His weeks off were reserved for holidays abroad. So yeah he was a bit rubbish at the every day mundane stuff. Still a great dad and husband though.

Edited at 12:20 PM.
I love walmart is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by I love walmart View Post
You’d be surprised how many men don’t do the every day things with the children. It’s not a bad thing, it’s just certain families dynamics and what works for them. I had a friend whose husband was gone by 6am every morning and not back until 9pm. She was stay at home mum and was happy with that. He didn’t have a clue about the morning routine before school or the packed lunches. Weekends were downtime for fun and eating out. His weeks off were reserved for holidays abroad. So yeah he was a bit rubbish at the every day mundane stuff. Still a great dad and husband though.
appreciate every family is different but i personally find it incomprehensible that a man wouldnt be capable of getting their own kids dressed/sorted for school/making a packed lunch... its hardly rocket science and i think in certain situations either he just dosnt want to do the dull stuff or the wife/partner appeases him or would rather she did it all herself 'properly'

either way the bloke is missing out on a massive part of his own kids growing up

fwiw from aged 9 months i got my daughter up & ready/to nursery then school, four days a week... still have to make sure she is up & dressed out the door by 08:15... 14 years and counting

all imo of course and OP apologies for taking this off at a tangent...
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
The Duchess
Apprentice Imagineer

Yes go once a year with 3 girlfriends, I'm single so no issue there but the others are married. Its just a chance to spend some quality time together which is difficult with family life. We just relax, chat, eat drink and laugh. It is the most fun and for a few days we can be selfish and just please ourselves

I Drive -1990 / Windsor Hills 2008
Vegas - 2014
Spandau in Dubai 40th b day trip - 2015
3 weeks all Star sports\ cabana bay 2016
The Duchess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

If it isn't your sort of holiday then this particular trip isn't for you , it wouldn't matter if it was couples or a girls trip. If you don't like clubbing then a clubbing holiday isn't for you (and five days is probably too long for a first any trip anyway)

That said as the kids have got a bit older I've seen some quite timid women blossom as a result of doing things just for them by doing stuff like girls activities and weekends as they expand their horizons rather than focusing solely on family and marriage and in many cases the family has benefited too (even those when at first the husband's didn't really "get it")

Originally Posted by hilz22 View Post
No its not the money we are having a mini Portaventura break and a trip to the Caribbean this summer so the kids get enough.
I suffer with anxiety and I see DH as my protector, maybe thats what it is, also one of the girls is really active and doesn’t like to sit still. She as plans for us to do water sports, horse ridding etc. As well as night clubbing.
Its 5 nights away I am sure I will have a good time just if I am honest would rather spend the time with dh and kids lol

Edited to add I am over weight and hate night clubs lol
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’m going on my first “girls” holiday in September to NYC! 6 of us are going, my friends turns 40 & she wants to go there with everyone! She’s the youngest out of us all & all our kids are in their teens now so really looking forward to it!

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
appreciate every family is different but i personally find it incomprehensible that a man wouldnt be capable of getting their own kids dressed/sorted for school/making a packed lunch... its hardly rocket science and i think in certain situations either he just dosnt want to do the dull stuff or the wife/partner appeases him or would rather she did it all herself 'properly'

either way the bloke is missing out on a massive part of his own kids growing up

fwiw from aged 9 months i got my daughter up & ready/to nursery then school, four days a week... still have to make sure she is up & dressed out the door by 08:15... 14 years and counting

all imo of course and OP apologies for taking this off at a tangent...
Don’t forget just because dad isn’t doing the school run doesn’t mean he isn’t a hands on dad. By the time our children were ready for school my husband would have already been at work for a couple of hours and not return until at least a couple of hours after they were home. Didn’t mean he wasn’t hands on when he was there.

I have been away with our daughter and my niece but not friends. I couldn’t justify the cost and I couldn’t keep up with their drinking !
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
Don’t forget just because dad isn’t doing the school run doesn’t mean he isn’t a hands on dad. By the time our children were ready for school my husband would have already been at work for a couple of hours and not return until at least a couple of hours after they were home. Didn’t mean he wasn’t hands on when he was there.

I have been away with our daughter and my niece but not friends. I couldn’t justify the cost and I couldn’t keep up with their drinking !
fair comment but i was mainly commenting on the inference the bloke(s) wouldnt be able / capable of looking after their own children as/when ...
Old 20 Mar 19, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Apricota
slightly serious Dibber

I think its great to do things as a family or in different set ups. So DH is away for a boys weekend this one coming. They will have a great time. I will be away for a week or so in June with friends. Doesn't mean we don't love each other. just great in different bits also.
Apricota is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List