Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Mar 19, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Mobile

I'm in my 30s & go every year, 5 of us are off to Majorca in just over 6weeks. We just find the cheapest all inclusive we can any time in May & book it. It's nice to get away, relax, eat lots & enjoy some cocktails.
I love our family holidays & time away with my husband but a week or so just being me with some friends is refreshing.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

In 2002 did a girls week at Disney with work colleague. Had a great time.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Dougie
Imagineer

Dougie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
My mom is 76 and for the last 10years has had a 'girls' week away with her friends. As long as dad knows where she is and that she is safe he doesn't mind at all. They have been married 55 years next week and dad calls mom his little trekker as she is always off somewhere on days out etc...
Dougie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

OP - perhaps just say that you would love to come, but prefer not to do water sports etc, we have one friend who is happier to sit and watch if we do anything crazy, and as long as she is happy, we are happy, its not a regime, its about spending nice time together in a way that works for all of you

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Had a great weeks holiday in New York, me coming from UK, one girlfriend coming from Australia and 3rd one coming from Milan - had a brilliant time, allotted ourselves 1 day on our own only meeting up in the evening for dinner and it all worked really well.
Old 20 Mar 19, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Looks like I'm in a minority as I've never done girls holidays with friends. When the kids were growing up I wouldnt have had the budget to have additional trips, and wouldn't have wanted to sacrifice family time.
Now they are all adults DH and I enjoy our mini breaks together and like the same type of holiday. I've holidayed with our grown up daughter including us staying an extra week on the West Coast of the US when DH flew home after his two weeks with us, and also holidayed in Barcelona with DD.
Now I've got more time and the budget I've not really got a group of like minded people to holiday with , who also have the time and budget. If the opportunity did arise I'd probably consider it, if it was just for a few days.
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Mobile

Last year for my 60th 3 cousin's and me went to USA and met with our other cousin's and their friends for a week. I Have never laughed so much in my life , it was so much fun . Just do it
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
A group of us friends do a girls trip each year, but it's only one or two nights city breaks - London, Edinburgh etc. Furthest we've been is a 3 day trip to Dublin. DD and 'the girls' in our family - sister, SiL, nieces etc - have had 9 girls only trips to DLP over the years too, usually 3 -4 nights.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984

Edited at 07:49 PM.
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Love girls weekends away. A real treat. Time for women with just women is very good for the soul. My husband approves too. It’s a different vibe that a couples trip. Very fun.
Old 20 Mar 19, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

I’ve done a number of weekend trips in this country with different female friends. Really enjoy them!