Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Mar 19, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell 1
Imagineer

Mobile Anyone had shingles multiple times?

I have a horrible feeling I have shingles again! I’ve had a headache and haven’t felt right for a few days, this morning work up with a rash on my ribs.

I’ve already had it twice, first when I was 21 on my collar bone, second time I was about 29 on my back. I’m 42 now.

Plan to call drs in the morning.
Tinkerbell 1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Lightyear
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Yep, I think I've had it 3 or 4 times now. Thankfully pretty mild, except for once. Get to the docs asap
Lightyear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Tattybobo
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

I feel for you, I've just got over my 1st time having shingles and it was truly awful. Go to the gp as soon as possible, my gp said I was too late for anti viral medication. I found an ice pack on the rash was the only thing which numbed the pain. Hope you're feeling better soon
Tattybobo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Only had my first bout 2 weeks ago, I've been so ill with it. I'd never seen a shingles rash before so didn't know what it was until I went to the doctors. Thought I just had a nasty cold with a viral rash that looked like I had been bitten 50 times . I feel for you getting it multiple times. Is there any particular reason some get it over others? Have read conflicting information online!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneySarah
Apprentice Imagineer

DisneySarah's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Oh gosh, you poor thing! I had it for the first time last year and it was horrendous. I didn’t feel that ill, but the nerve pain/damage before and after has been terrible. I’ve had both of my children vaccinated in the hope that they don’t have to experience it.
Old 20 Mar 19, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

In my experience (what little it is..) shingles is caused by the herpes virus, once it’s in your system it can erupt at any time but usually if you’re tired, stressed or your immune system is compromised for whatever reason... hence it’s not unusual to have it more than once...
Hope you feel better soon...

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 11:57 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

my colleague at work has had it 3 times in the last 5 years or so, always in roughly the same area (it affects her in her neck/shoulder/scalp). She heads straight to the GP for anti-viral medication as soon as she starts feeling the symptoms.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 07:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Button17
Imagineer

My BIL is suffering currently with his 4th attack 😣
Button17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Yep, I’ve had it about five or six times. Usuallly across my back or my scalp.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell 1
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m surprised to hear so many people have had it multiple time. Rash is still there this morning although doesn’t seem to have spread thankfully.
Tinkerbell 1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List