Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Mar 19, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
*jovi_girl*
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve never had it but both my boys did when they were younger. Not at the same time.
Older ds has it when he was about 10 then a few years later younger ds has it so I knew what it was when I took him docs for it.

Both had it on their chest and under their arm on the left side
*jovi_girl* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
Yes, twice. Once in Florida (!) and once a few months ago.
Both times across my back. I’ve been left with residual pain from both and I take amytriptaline to control the pain. Both times it made me very sick ( like a gastric flu) and I had severe back pain.

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Bridget
Imagineer

You have my sympathy - it's not very nice at all.

I've had a it a couple of times - I get it around my hip bones so rubs against clothing but I don't scratch and it hasn't scarred.

If you THINK you are getting it isn't there something the doctor can give you before you actually get the blisters?
Old 21 Mar 19, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell 1
Imagineer

Mobile

So as suspected it’s shingles. I have the tablets so hopefully this will help lessen the severity 🤞
Tinkerbell 1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Mallky555
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

My 13 year old son has had shingles around his left eye 3 times 🙈 they take it pretty seriously at the doctors as it can cause blindness if not treated quickly
Mallky555 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Tourmaline
Gone all Goofy

I have had it twice when I was 18 and 5 years ago when my sister visited my doctor said stress causes it to come out again.My poor mother had it 3 weeks before she died poor Mum went through so much last few years before death makes me so sad. My doctor suggested getting shot for it .
Tourmaline is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
moggitymog
slightly serious Dibber

I've had it twice now but thankfully both were mild and other than feeling generally unwell I didn't experience the pain that others do

International plaza resort and spa - March 2009 Hawthorn suites, westwood boulevard - Nov 2011 New York - Nov 2014 Rosen inn, pointe orlando - Feb 2015 Enclave Suites - Feb 2018
moggitymog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Robbies-tackle
Excited about Disney

My ds has had shingles 3 times. First time was at age 3 (my mum took him to the doctors and the dr said it was insect bites! I had to march him back the next day so,it was recorded properly in his medical notes). Second time he was 8 and had been run down for ages and the third time was age 12 a couple of months after having flu and swine flu concurrently. He's 21 now and never had shingles again.
I've had shingles once, in 2015, and was due to my immune system being low. I was stressed to the eye balls at work and had virus after virus. Just got rid of the shingles and I was flattened with full blown flu.
Robbies-tackle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 02:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Tourmaline View Post
I have had it twice when I was 18 and 5 years ago when my sister visited my doctor said stress causes it to come out again.My poor mother had it 3 weeks before she died poor Mum went through so much last few years before death makes me so sad. My doctor suggested getting shot for it .
Gosh, that's drastic of your Dr. Hope I'm not registered at your practice!