Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Mar 19, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
If your husband is going to be bored within 4 days then this isn't the Holiday for him, save some money & leave him at home! In all seriousness, if you include the waterparks, that's 6 things to do within that 4 day period. I know people that don't "get it" & have been once & won't go again but not one of those has ever said that they were bored. As for your friend, it's always different when you stay there, all summer my town get's bus loads of tourists, I don't get it- coffee shops, hairdressers & charity shops...that's it but the buses keep on coming !
I find pool/beach holidays boring, after 2-3 days lying beside a pool I go stir crazy, I think you could go for 14-21 days & do something different everyone of those days but if that's not your husbands's "thing" then find a different holiday as you are wasting your money if he isn't going to enjoy it.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
marriage is all about compromise , try it once if he hates it so be it . Only you can decide between you . My friend is desperate to go but her dh won’t entertain the flight . I’ve had friends who’ve also gone and would never go back , everyone is different but you will get biased answers on a Disney forum.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
thefergies
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I was very much in the camp of I'm not going on holiday to stand in a park q for half an hour for a 90 second ride. But you need to experience it rather than assume and now Florida is my first choice. Like previous poster, lying on a sunbed 9-5 is not for me but my wife loves it. So we do both! Majorca May, Florida Nov. We will do parks 3-4 days only, daughter loves Celebration, ice hockey with son in tampa, Disney springs, outlets, cat cafe and down time as well.
thefergies is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
hallamdisneyfan
Earning More Ears

Hi, in the early days of planning I came across this article. wdwinfo/columns/trav...snt-get-it.htm
My hubby also thinks he "doesn't do Disney" and that we're going for the kids, but I remember years ago him running across DLP to get in another ride on the Indiana Jones ride.
The article suggests thinking what your partner does enjoy - particular food for example - and incorporating that into the trip.
hallamdisneyfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Twinklestar1
VIP Dibber

Twinklestar1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

My Dh was really not sure about the parks and Disney on our first visit 12 yrs ago- we have been lucky enough to go each year since and whilst Dh will tell you he enjoys it - it has been the looks and enjoyment of our boys that has been the biggest enjoyment for him (probably my face too as I return to childhood in MK&#128525. As others have said we weave in other days to break up the parks itinerary .
Old 21 Mar 19, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
JudeB
Imagineer

JudeB's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
What sort of holidays do you usually go on? If its lying by a pool or going to the beach - you can do that in Florida. If its playing golf or fishing - you can do that in Florida. If its shopping and sightseeing in different towns and villages - you can do that in Florida. If its all about the food - you can definitely do that in Florida! What I'm trying to say is, that I believe you can have a great holiday doing all the things you usually like to do on holiday with the added bonus of the theme parks. Until you've actually experienced them, it is really difficult to imagine what they are going to be like. There is so much to do and see even if you are not interested in coasters (but even better in my opinion if you do enjoy the coasters and rides). I wouldn't advise doing all 4 days in a row, try to space them out throughout the holiday. You'll be amazed at how much walking you do round each park - 10,000 steps no bother, try 20,000+!
Old 21 Mar 19, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post

We did 4 days in a row last Aug but it was Universal not Disney. Yes after 4 days I had had enough of queues, the heat, and people! We only did 4 days in a row as we had a week in Orlando and a week on the beach/gulf coast.

My husband hates the queuing for a 3 minute ride. We have done Disney over loads of times in the last 30 years and have gone out of season but for the last 10 years confined to school hols.

Maybe combine a week in Orlando with a week on the Gulf coast.

We are ditching Orlando again for our next trip and spending 2 weeks in the same villa on the Gulf coast. Planning Sarasota, Naples, Myakka River and maybe down to Everglades. May try a day at Busch gardens but not fussed.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
I kinda understand where they are coming from, I am going for 17 days but I'm only going to spend 4 days in Disney.
I like to do other things, Sea World, Discovery Cove, Busch Gardens, Universal, air boat rides, water parks, wildlife etc.
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Squidgyness
Very Serious Dibber

You know, I hesitate to say you can do florida "wrong" but if you get bored after 4 days... you are doing florida wrong, it's more than wdw after all.

Variety is the spice of life, and Orlando has that in spades. Alternate different disney parks, throw in Universal days, some shopping/eating, a space kennedy day (seriously an underrated experience) and you've filled a fortnight.

Also, if possible could you ask the person who says you'll be bored of Disney in 4 days where they go on holiday? I like to do a lot of things on a holiday, so I'm curious where they go and what they do for future options on trips.
96/98/03/06/09 - Offsite Kissimmee/I-Drive
17/18 - Universal RPR

Edited at 10:28 AM.
Squidgyness is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

I would say that he is very likely to get bored of disney after 4 days (or even before), but as mentioned there is lots of other things to do other than disney.

It's hard for people to believe that not everyone loves disney or even Orlando. Close family members went many years ago and didn't enjoy disney or Orlando, and have never been back since.

Edited at 10:33 AM.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List