Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Mar 19, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
anstee33
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

My husband & I have been going for many years. We never ever get bored of Disney or any of the other parks.🙂
anstee33 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sprocket View Post
Bored after 4 days! Ill put it out there, anyone bored after 4 days in Disney needs a personality transplant,
no, people have different interests... its like saying to someone who has no interest what's so ever in ART that they are going on a holiday only going to a load of ART galleries. > which i would rather stay at home.
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

My husband would happily do just Animal Kingdom and Typhoon Lagoon although I think he'd have liked EPCOT better if food and wine hadn't been on ! For now I'm not fighting it and this trip we are doing the SW parks including DC which he asked to add after I showed him youtubes of it , when at Busch we will go to Clearwater and then onto southern Florida for some beach time in a non touristy area . Yes there's compromise in there but that's fine. It's both our holidays .im still excited to be going back
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

I like others find bored in 4 days to be a bit of a weird one personally. There are 4 theme parks which are all so vastly different that I could understand you saying 1 day in each is enough but then that's assuming you explore all of them in 1 day. I can easily spend a couple of days in EPCOT seeing different things and Animal Kingdom. How you convince your hubby of this however I don't know.
Old 21 Mar 19, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Bridget
Imagineer

No way could I do it all day every day. Some people I know go to a main park and spend from morning until night there. I simply couldn't. So we go first thing, do what we want to do then head to a waterpark or Celebration, villa/pool for an hour or two then back to another park late pm/evening.

As much as we enjoy the parks we need to get away from all the people/strollers!

Old 21 Mar 19, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
VibrantEpiphany
Getting to know the DIBB

Thank you so much for all your replies.

My husband has been against a Disney vacation for as long as I've known him but it is my childhood dream. I really want to take my daughters who will be 10 and 7 in February 2020.

Originally I was booking this holiday just for me and the girls after checking with him if that was ok.

So to make it easier on me, I was planning for 2 weeks:
2 days are for travelling.
8 days doing the parks, 2 days for each Disney park.
2 days doing the water parks.
2 days relaxing by the pool.

So my husband went onto facebook and everyone told him he should go too, that he would love it. However after looking at the costs of getting to other attractions, the negativity is coming back. He looked into fishing but because of the cost of the holiday, he is being put off.

He may really enjoy Disney, but if he hates it. I want him to come but
VibrantEpiphany is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
VibrantEpiphany
Getting to know the DIBB

I thought if we plan two days in each park, we could take it easier and not feel rushed trying to do it all.
VibrantEpiphany is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by macdonald View Post
..For some people esp men i dont think its that there isnt enough to do or see its simply that for them its all the same,its all Disney, and they can be bored of Disney within a couple of hours!...
I find the sameness around parks a bit tedious to be honest - we really have to split our park visits with other stuff, or it is too samey - We go at Easter - so it is busy and I understand they have a "brand identity", but
queuing, into car park, queuing on to tram, queueing, park entry, queueing, security, queueing, riding, queuing, shows, queueing, ice-cream, queuing, characters, queuing, eat, queueing, tram out... etc

Love a park or 2, but day after day of that - no ta...

"Have a nice day"...
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
VibrantEpiphany
Getting to know the DIBB

His friend who advised that he would be bored in four days, well, she is more like him personality wise. So she may be right :-)
Old 21 Mar 19, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
VibrantEpiphany
Getting to know the DIBB

The plan would be roughly like this. Presidents day happens in the time we are planning so that would be a day to avoid and do a pool or water park. I wouldn't mind visiting a beach or kennedy space centre if my dh wouldn't mind spending more money :-)

Day 1 travel day, arrive, settle in.
Day 2 park
Day 3 park
Day 4 water park
Day 5 park
Day 6 Pool day
Day 7 park
Day 8 Park
Day 9 Pool day
Day 10 Park
Day 11 Water park
Day 12 Park
Day 13 Park
Day 14 Travel home