Old 30 Apr 12, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Ninja
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 142
cyclops Back To Disney We Go (About Time) Day 5 Universal

Day 5 December 12th RPR and Universal.

We all get up wash dressed and up to the food court with our overnight bag, have some breakfast and then go outside to wait for our shuttle. It drops us off at Universal Studios drop off point (stupid me ordered it to/from there instead of RPR!) so we tootle on up to City Walk and get the water taxi to the hotel so in a way glad I made the mistake as it was a nice way to arrive.
We check in and our room is ready OMG how posh is this it’s gorgeous here & love the gingerbread house with the train running around it in reception

We find our room which is gorgeous, dump our bag and then go out for the water taxi straight back to Universal. View from room
Me & Reece head straight for Rip Ride Rocket, OMG we absolutely love this ride but I did choose I will Survive for my song Reece picked Stronger lol.:
We all then go on the Mummy sure this is longer than it was last time and then its onto the Simpsons, bad idea for me cause as you know simulators and me don’t go. I did enjoy it but felt woozy after coming off so we have a sit down, then Reece gets a can of Duff and insists on saving the can but what does the numpty do go and throw it away! I bought him another one later on and he saved it and managed to get it home in one piece
After my head has stopped spinning we head for MIB, this time Ste wins, I come second & Reece last (not happy!)
As we come off that there is a fella there asking if anyone wants free tickets for TNA well Reece is a huge wrestling fan and was gutted that it wouldn’t be filming whilst we were there so was chuffed they are there for a few days and just happen to be there the day we are so him & Ste get a couple of tickets while I go and get a Gingerbread Starbucks and a Funnel cake for us to share yum how gorgeous are these?! Then Ste & Reece decide they want to go on Simpsons again so they go on that & I have a boogy to Blues Brothers and I really enjoyed this, can’t believe I missed them last time
We are getting hungry then so all go to Louies for Pizza and after we are all fed and watered we head over to Amity to go on Jaws (Reece still jumped when it came out of the water) for the last time before it closes down, sad to think its going.
We head over for Shrek love this but the dragon sneezing still made me cringe!
Ste and Reece then fancy going on Disaster so they go on that while I have a wander and bump into Doc Brown and Delorean. When I find them again its nearly time for the parade but before it starts me & Reece first get a pick with my favourite character Sponge Bob Then go on RRR again, I pick Evanesance this time and we get second from the front this time wow. As soon as we come off that Ste & Reece go to queue up for TNA and I settle to watch the parade, I love this its great with all the inflatables and makes up for it peeing down at MVMCP parade
After the parade and just before the park closes I go on RRR again (can ya tell I love this ride?!) and pick Pump Up The Volume & sit with a lad who is on it for the first time, he had chickened out until then but was glad he came on it and said it was top, as soon as I come off this the park is closing so I stroll up City Walk listening to all the different music and calling at the different stalls and stop for a nice cold glass of Zinfandel at the Lone Palm and people watch for a while, oh its so nice and peaceful I head back to the hotel and its a lovely stroll back, I get back & have a peaceful bath and just as I get out the lads get back, they have had a great time and Reece has nearly lost his voice shouting things like *you Suck, boo* & cheering and one of his favourites one of the Hardy brothers was there so even better, he has got an Enigma/Hardy T-shirt too he is one happy bunny

After they have regaled me with their night, shown me their numerous pics and had showers, me and Reece go and take some pics around the hotel of the tree, gingerbread house with the train going around it & call at the shop for some chocolate, then its time for bed after a fab day at Universal.
Tomorrow IOA

Thanks for reading

Edited at 01:19 PM. Reason: Couldn't see some pics
Ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 12, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbigbeak
Imagineer

Great day pics are lovely , dh like wrestling

1st time POFQ Aug/Sep 2012- 2 weeks -2nd time Rosen inn,POFQ 3 weeks-3rd time NYC,Canada,DC,Rosen inn, Coranado springs 5weeks-4th time Vegas,San Fransisco,Hollywood, Anaheim & NYC 3 weeks - 5th time,Rosen inn international,Disney all star music resort 3 weeks
mrsbigbeak is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 12, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
dave and lesley
Imagineer

dave and lesley's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
how cool is the gingerbread house, love it, pretty jealous of the guys getting the wrestling tickets
another fab day, keep em' coming
2010 SSR HRH, 11 SSR Cocoa beach, 12 SSR HRH,
2014 SSR GFV Wedding, 15 LBV, 17 Miami Beach
dave and lesley is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 12, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Ninja
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 142
Thanks
Dave wait till you see my pics of the Grand Floridian Gingerbread house OMG it's stunning and could smell it before I even got into the hotel!
Ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 12, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
karalma
Imagineer

Enjoying your report as we are going this year for Xmas and already getting excited. Looking forward to more.
karalma is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 12, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
LDISNEYFOX
Imagineer

I see you like Rip Ride Rocket! I have neve done that ride! Maybe 2014 when we go back!

Another great read. The hotel looks lovely.

2012 WDW Mom's Panel Search Finalist
Sheraton Safari Jan 05 & Feb 08
Disney Port Orleans Nov 06, Jan 10, May 11, June 12, Oct 13, July 15, Aug 15, Nov 15, Feb 16, Aug 16 and Dec 17
LDISNEYFOX is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 12, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post

The gingerbread house looks lovely, you picked the same songs as dh and my friend (evanescence and Gloria Gaynor! Another great day,
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 12, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Gosh that ride looks so scary! I see you've got them blooming crocs on again *shakes head*
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 12, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Another great day Nina, love your piccies of the gingerbread house.
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 12, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
mousse
Imagineer

Oooh that gingerbread house and the tree...lovely Another great day x

First Trip '06;Lapland Christmas '07
CBR '08;Freeezing in Lapland March '09;
AKL '10;NY Christmas '11;AKL '12;NY May '13;AKL '14;AKL '16;YC & AKL '18
mousse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List