Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 14 Nov 19, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Its been a while so here is my next update

I have just booked my pre cruise hotel in Dover
Premier Inn premierinn/gb/en/hot...-terminal.html
Double room - one double bed
Flex Rate £67
Add on meal package, evening meal and breakfast £23.99
Total £90.99

I have paid in advance, so I just have to show the confirmation email at check in
I booked direct with the hotel website.

I originally had planned to book The Best Western but the Premier Inn price , including the food was the better deal. As I will be travelling from Ireland via London that day , I will need an evening meal anyway. Its better to pre pay for the hotel and food now, so that I dont have to add that money to my cruise budget.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
The Premier Inn is better than the BW anyway.
Joa

Originally Posted by Bad Pink Tink View Post
Its been a while so here is my next update

I have just booked my pre cruise hotel in Dover
Premier Inn premierinn/gb/en/hot...-terminal.html
Double room - one double bed
Flex Rate £67
Add on meal package, evening meal and breakfast £23.99
Total £90.99

I have paid in advance, so I just have to show the confirmation email at check in
I booked direct with the hotel website.

I originally had planned to book The Best Western but the Premier Inn price , including the food was the better deal. As I will be travelling from Ireland via London that day , I will need an evening meal anyway. Its better to pre pay for the hotel and food now, so that I dont have to add that money to my cruise budget.
Old 25 Nov 19, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

I've decided to start a Fish Extender Gift Exchange. I know there is probably a few people reading and following this but not posting, waves hi If you would like to take part you can send me a private message or you can reply to this thread.

Fish Extenders are a group of people on a Disney Cruise, who are kinda like a Secret Santa group. The idea was started back in 2005 by a woman named Debbie who used the name EpcotKilterFan on Disboards

On Disney Cruise Ships, there is a large metal fish on the outside of your room door. This is for the CM's to put information for you during your cruise.

The fish extender is a bag or pouch which hangs off this metal fish, extending it so that items and gifts can also be given to the room occupants. Some people make their own fish extender, some people buy them online.

The sign up for this list will close on Paid In Full Date 14 June 2020 and you will be then given information about who is in your Fish Extender Exchange group.
  1. Stateroom
  2. Family Last Name
  3. Room Occupants (include age at time of sailing for kids) Gender specification for adults or kids is optional
  4. Celebrations
  5. Allergies/Concerns
  6. Favourite Characters
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 19, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
kevbrydon
VIP Dibber

kevbrydon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi Joa

wasn't Onboard unfortunately but did get a great Server and Tablemates...
Old 6 Dec 19, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by kevbrydon View Post
Hi Joa

wasn't Onboard unfortunately but did get a great Server and Tablemates...
Do you mean Graz? You've missed a word!

Joa
Old 6 Dec 19, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
kevbrydon
VIP Dibber

kevbrydon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Sorry the missing word is itukut the server I requested lol
Old 14 Dec 19, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by saffy202 View Post
I have just booked the premier inn at Dover ferry terminal thinking it would start to fill up shortly with other cruisers - an added bonus is that you can delay payment until the day before we go
I have booked the Premier Inn too for the night before. I'm hoping to do a pre cruise meet up that evening

Also I'm organizing a Fish Extender Exchange, if you would like to join just let me know the following information

Stateroom
Family Last Name
Room Occupants (include age at time of sailing for kids) Gender specification for adults or kids is optional
Celebrations
Allergies/Concerns
Favourite Characters
Old 18 Jan 20, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Planning Update

I have now booked my flights from Dublin to London. The prices were a bit more than I usually pay to London but I added a larger checked bag and I decided to use Heathrow airport.

I usually fly to Gatwick airport which has lower prices than Heathrow due to the landing tax that airports charge airlines. For the cruise I need to get myself to Kings Cross St Pancras for the train to Dover. I chose Heathrow as there is a direct tube line from the airport to Kings Cross St Pancras. Otherwise, if I flew to Gatwick, I would need to get the Gatwick Express train to Victoria Station and then take a tube to Kings Cross St Pancras. Factoring in the time and cost, it is an easier transfer from Heathrow to Kings Cross St Pancras. The flight to Gatwick was cheaper BUT then adding in the cost of Gatwick Express train, it would be adding up to around the same price as the Heathrow flight.

Normally when I travel to London I just have a 15kg checked bag and travel light. However this time for the cruise I chose 20kg checked bag which is more expensive. I also have a 10kg carry on bag.

The fare I chose is the Economy Plus Fare. As well as the 20kg bag, it also included Priority Boarding, the ability to choose a seat at the time of booking and can be refunded or changed with no extra charge.
Old 21 Jun 20, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

oh well it was fun planning this cruise but due to everything going on, Disney have now cancelled the entire summer season in Europe for 2020. I have now rebooked for the 7 Night Norwegian Fjords Cruise in September 2021
Old 21 Jun 20, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

How disappointing ☹️