Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 15 Jan 20, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsGrumpy
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
you obviously can't show your FL tag as it's supposed to be hanging from the rearview

but, you also get 2 copies of the tax collector receipt included in the enveloppe you have received
those receipts are there to prove you hold the temporary license, use them when needed, such as at front desk
I offered to show her this receipt, but she said she trusted me & didn't need to see it.
MrsGrumpy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
jen10
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Silvercat View Post
How darn annoying! This may be the final push for us to consider finally ditching the hire car. These holidays are getting more and more expensive …..
you have mis read the email - you only have to pay for parking if you are NOT staying at a disney hotel
jen10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
tinky
I have Ears

The parking at the parks is always complimentary if staying onsite at a Disney hotel & up until the turn of the year the Disney hotel parking fee’s were free for uk guests. They changed this from the beginning of 2020 so that all guests staying onsite would now have to pay for parking per night at Disney hotels ( with free parking at Disney parks ). This was clearly stated on all Disney websites from about 6 months ago.
The official site also included the wording. Disabled parking would be complimentary for guests with disabilities, effectively meaning no charge at Disney hotel and complimentary parking at the parks as staying onsite.

Late December they change the bottom line of the text on the web page from. :
Disabled parking would be complimentary for guests with disabilities
to
Designated parking areas are available throughout Walt Disney World Resort for guests with disabilities. A valid disability parking permit is required.
tinky is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jen10 View Post
you have mis read the email - you only have to pay for parking if you are NOT staying at a disney hotel
I think there is some confusion here - the OP and I were not talking about parking at the Disney parks, which is free if you are staying on property. We are talking about the new "resort parking fee", whereby if you take a car when staying in a Disney hotel, up to last year it was free for everyone. Then Disney introduced a nightly fee for cars at their resorts, except for UK residents who didn't get charged until 2020; however, at the time, they said that disabled parking at the resorts was free if you had a valid parking pass - now the wording has changed to say that disabled parking spots are available at all resorts, but it doesn't say whether or not you will be charged for resort parking, which is what we were trying to establish.
Old 17 Jan 20, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Silvercat View Post
it doesn't say whether or not you will be charged for resort parking, which is what we were trying to establish.
for the follow up, I still didn't hear anything from Disney's disability service, even though it's only been one week since I emailed them

will report as soon as I have a reply
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Reply received

Are you as confused as I am ?

Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out to the Walt Disney World Resort.

I sincerely apologize for any confusion surrounding our Disability parking throughout our Resort. According to our website, Designated parking areas are available throughout Walt Disney World Resort for Guests with disabilities. A valid disability parking permit is required and standard parking rates apply. At this time, our Guests who are parking in the specified disability spaces at our Resorts are not being charged a rate for overnight parking. Please know that the number of spaces are limited depending on the Resort, and the parking policy may change at any given time. Your Resort Front Desk should be able to answer any questions regarding parking at that specific Resort.

In our Theme Parks, Guests with the ability to walk short distances and step onto courtesy trams should park in the main parking lots of Magic Kingdom park, Epcot, Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Disney's Animal Kingdom theme park. If necessary, Guests may ask for a space at the end of a row closest to the courtesy tram pick-up/drop-off location. Courtesy trams will then transport Guests to each theme park’s Main Entrance. Guests with mobility disabilities—including those traveling with personal wheelchairs, electric scooters or other mobility devices—should park in our Disability Parking Lots, located a short distance from the main entrance to each of the four theme parks at Walt Disney World Resort. Courtesy trams do not stop at these locations.

For further directions on parking options, Guests should inquire at the theme park Auto Plaza (there’s an Auto Plaza at the entrance to each Walt Disney World theme park). Or, call Guest Services at (407) 824-2222. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.

For more information about our parking policies throughout our Resort, please visit disneyworld.disney.go/gu...vices/parking/.

For more information about our Services for Guests with Disabilities, please visit disneyworld.disney.go/gu...-disabilities/

Hugues, I hope you find this information helpful in preparing for your upcoming visit. Please feel free to reply directly to this email with any additional questions.

Kindest regards,

Hannah Bing
Guest Experience Services
Walt Disney World Resort
407-828-1176
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotty
Imagineer

In our Theme Parks, Guests with the ability to walk short distances and step onto courtesy trams should park in the main parking lots of Magic Kingdom park, Epcot, Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Disney's Animal Kingdom theme park. If necessary, Guests may ask for a space at the end of a row closest to the courtesy tram pick-up/drop-off location. Courtesy trams will then transport Guests to each theme park’s Main Entrance.

That's interesting - we were always told in the past that this was not possible so to park in the blue badge spaces which at MK in particular was a nightmare.
Old 27 Jan 20, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
Reply received

Are you as confused as I am ?
Meep! They seem to say in one sentence, "standard rates apply", but in the next sentence, "guests are not being charged at present" - I wonder if this is while they sort out some logistics or other, or whether it will depend on which CM you get at your resort as to whether they charge us or not!

I'm still confused.
Old 27 Jan 20, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Pepsibubbles
Imagineer

looks like the valet parking at deluxe resorts is still free for guest with disabilities, so you would have thought self parking would be ? but who knows !
February... 2011/2012/2015... May ... 2013/2014/2015/2016/2017/2018/2019... June ... 2014...August ... 2009/2010/2011/2014/2017... September.. 2002/2003/2005/2013/2014/2015/2016/2018/2019... November ... 2017/2018
Pepsibubbles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 20, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
VicStar
VIP Dibber

I wondered if the 'free valet parking' meant that you were still charged the overnight parking fee, but then don't have to pay any EXTRA for the valet parking?
VicStar is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List