Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 14 Feb 20, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

Our friends are sailing on her, they said there is a ceremony on their cruise which means they will miss the first port of call.
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.
stecee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 20, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Caroian View Post
They're not really suites. Just a bit bigger than the deluxe balcony cabins but you can enclose the balcony entirely with a glass screen to make them part of the room - like a conservatory. Probably useful doing colder weather cruises in particular (which we're not, we just fancied the extra space!)

See you there... if we can spot you amongst the 5000 others!

The mini suites are just a bit bigger - I think the standard balconies are mostly 190 sqft vs 274 for the conservatory mini suites. Plus you can enclose the balcony, as above. We didn't fancy the promenade deck either. In fact I think balcony cabins on that deck seem like a hard sell - think it will feel just like being on the public deck itself if people are constantly strolling past!
When I booked online I didn’t even see anything like that. I had a nosy last night, we are 2 adults and 2 kids and I wondered how much to upgrade to one like yours. It’s sold out! I’m assuming it’s cos of the kids but it’s 17 months away still!
Does it hold 5000? I didn’t look. I just saw new and shiny. And the itinerary is the same for same price as we couldn’t go on last year to just booked.
Hubby has banned me now from looking for holidays. So not sure when we will go back to Disney, had to have something to look forward to and knew he wouldn’t say no to this cruise
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 20, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Leanne1977
Imagineer

Leanne1977's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

We are looking at booking for next Oct/Nov but being big fans of NCL, I'm wondering how we will find P&O.

WDW Villa Jul/Aug 2005
DLP SL Jan/Feb 2006, DCR Feb 2007, Cheyenne Feb 2008, NB Nov 2009, Ibis July 2010
WDW Pop Sept 2006
WDW ASM/HRH/POP Sept 2007 free DDP
WDW Regal Sun/SSR/CIAS May 2008
WDW CIAS/RPR/Cypress Pointe GV Aug 2008
WDW Highgate Park/AKV/BCV Dec 2008
WDW SSR/Pop May 2009
WDW RPR/BCV/BWV/VB/VWL/OKW/Kidani/DCL Jul/Aug 2009
WDW Dibb Villa/Regal Sun May 2010
WDW BCV/VB/DCL Oct/Nov 2010 Wedding trip!
WDW SSR/Dibb Villa/VB Oct 2011 1st wedding anniversary trip!
WDW OKW/VB/Peabody Aug 2013
Leanne1977 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Leanne1977
Imagineer

Leanne1977's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

Well we bit the bullet and booked! 9th Oct 2021 14 nights Canaries. We have the Norwegian Getaway this October for the Greek Islands and this one the following year. Excited!

WDW Villa Jul/Aug 2005
DLP SL Jan/Feb 2006, DCR Feb 2007, Cheyenne Feb 2008, NB Nov 2009, Ibis July 2010
WDW Pop Sept 2006
WDW ASM/HRH/POP Sept 2007 free DDP
WDW Regal Sun/SSR/CIAS May 2008
WDW CIAS/RPR/Cypress Pointe GV Aug 2008
WDW Highgate Park/AKV/BCV Dec 2008
WDW SSR/Pop May 2009
WDW RPR/BCV/BWV/VB/VWL/OKW/Kidani/DCL Jul/Aug 2009
WDW Dibb Villa/Regal Sun May 2010
WDW BCV/VB/DCL Oct/Nov 2010 Wedding trip!
WDW SSR/Dibb Villa/VB Oct 2011 1st wedding anniversary trip!
WDW OKW/VB/Peabody Aug 2013
Leanne1977 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Caroian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
When I booked online I didn’t even see anything like that. I had a nosy last night, we are 2 adults and 2 kids and I wondered how much to upgrade to one like yours. It’s sold out! I’m assuming it’s cos of the kids but it’s 17 months away still!
Does it hold 5000? I didn’t look. I just saw new and shiny. And the itinerary is the same for same price as we couldn’t go on last year to just booked.
Hubby has banned me now from looking for holidays. So not sure when we will go back to Disney, had to have something to look forward to and knew he wouldn’t say no to this cruise
It may be due to the child places - how old are your children? We didn't book long ago, but the agent said that some of the lower age groups were looking more limited on numbers. That said, we managed to get a £49 kids place though, so can't be that many kids booked yet. It may also be because there are a limited number of 4 berth options in that category (we only need 3). I think it's 5200 max capacity.

Ha... we always need something to look forward to as well. The fact that we'd have no trips booked after our next upcoming one was an influencing factor in getting this one booked!
Caroian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Caroian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Leanne1977 View Post
Well we bit the bullet and booked! 9th Oct 2021 14 nights Canaries. We have the Norwegian Getaway this October for the Greek Islands and this one the following year. Excited!
Ooh, we're on the Getaway out of NOLA (doing Mexico, Honduras and Belize) in April! 50 days to go (we're in New York and then New Orleans for several days before, hence my countdown being 41 days on here)
Caroian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Caroian View Post
It may be due to the child places - how old are your children? We didn't book long ago, but the agent said that some of the lower age groups were looking more limited on numbers. That said, we managed to get a £49 kids place though, so can't be that many kids booked yet. It may also be because there are a limited number of 4 berth options in that category (we only need 3). I think it's 5200 max capacity.

Ha... we always need something to look forward to as well. The fact that we'd have no trips booked after our next upcoming one was an influencing factor in getting this one booked!
They will be 6&5 but yeah no availability now. Not to worry I’m happy with the price. £1900 for all us in a balcony and that was the same I was gonna pay in May 2019 same cabin but older ship.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
They will be 6&5 but yeah no availability now. Not to worry I’m happy with the price. £1900 for all us in a balcony and that was the same I was gonna pay in May 2019 same cabin but older ship.
WOW! Thats a fab price! Is that on Iona?
katiec68 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 20, 01:10 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by katiec68 View Post
WOW! Thats a fab price! Is that on Iona?
Yeah it’s for July 2021. Balcony cabin Iona fjords. We booked in November. They sent me a little booklet thing and I couldn’t really say no. So put a little deposit down have something to look forward to. There’s one I wanna do in May too on Britannia but hubby said no. It has Rome and Pisa which we actually didn’t like years ago. I like p&o. They have done right by us so far unlike some travel companies that I’m currently with.
Old 17 Feb 20, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Ladyshopper
Imagineer

We're on her twice this year, doing the Fjords in July for my birthday, then in December we're doing what is essentially a Christmas markets cruise. Going with cruise friends, so am really looking forward to both.

Never done P&O, so looking forward to trying it out, plus the experience of a brand new ship!
Ladyshopper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List