Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Nov 19, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
R2Tee2
Getting to know the DIBB

So confused on the best way to book!

Hello there wise ones,

I wonder if you can help me as I am mega confused on what would be the best way to book our trip of a lifetime in 2021 with our two young girls.

We have a Virgin Atlantic Credit Card and have been saving air miles to hopefully help with the cost of the holiday. We currently have 25,000 air miles enough for one flight and I understand the flights are released 11 months before departure so we would be looking to book around June time in order to take advantage of the air miles seats?

The trouble is, I wanted to book the accommodation and rest of the holiday using our credit card in order to get more air miles but I know the air mile seats sell out fast and I would probably need to get them booked as soon as possible.

Is it maybe worth using our airmiles to reduce the cost of the accommodation if we book through Virgin Holidays? I have heard people say that it is not worth it as you only end up getting £50 off?

We wanted to do 10 days in Disney (Art of Animation, does anyone recommend? ) and then 4 days in Anna Marie Island to chill out a bit but that means we cannot book as a package through Virgin Holidays - does this mean we cannot use our airmiles to reduce the cost?

I am so confused, what do you all recommend?

Thanks everyone xx
R2Tee2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
R2Tee2
Getting to know the DIBB

Also we have just received an email from Virgin saying we have spent a certain amount on our credit card and have been offered either a free upgrade on a reward flight or a Companion ticket - are the reward tickets return tickets? Not sure what will be the best way to use this? Many thanks.
R2Tee2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
tinkerella123
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by R2Tee2 View Post
Also we have just received an email from Virgin saying we have spent a certain amount on our credit card and have been offered either a free upgrade on a reward flight or a Companion ticket - are the reward tickets return tickets? Not sure what will be the best way to use this? Many thanks.
If your planning on going premium then you can use this to upgrade both ways for one person , or two one ways for two people, there does have be a Virgin reward seats available to upgrade, for a companion you just pay the taxes for the extra seat. You will have to ring virgin to use your reward though.
tinkerella123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
WDWfangirl
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

WDWfangirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 12
I'm not sure how using air miles works but generally it is cheaper if you book accommodation and flights separately.

Assuming there is a free dining offer for 2021 then you would look to be booking your accommodation and tickets for 2021 in April 2020. You could then book your flights in June. We did it this way and booked accommodation through Attraction Tickets Direct. We only had to pay a small deposit and could pay off the balance at any point up until about 6 weeks before we flew. So if you wanted to maximise your airmile points then I guess you could pay for the acommodation in full before you booked your flight.
WDWfangirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Picklepuppy
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

We stayed in the art of animation last year, we were lucky and got upgraded to a suite, I would recommend the mermaid rooms for 4. Storage is limited in them. As for the best way to book I can’t help you there but can help AoA questions
Picklepuppy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve booked several split stays with Virgin, Clearwater and Orlando a few times.