Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 16 Nov 19, 12:17 AM  
Link to this Post
LawrenceFamily
Imagineer

Quick service meals - Not on the DDP

Hi everyone,

This may be a silly question so apologies in advance, but if you are not on the DDP and you want to order a meal that is on the QSDP, is there a meal deal cost for people that are not on the plan or is it a case of ordering the meal, dessert & drink all separate if you wanted them all?

Thanks

LawrenceFamily
Old 16 Nov 19, 03:59 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

A year or so ago I saw a meal deal in the Electric Umbrella at EPCOT. It was a very quiet time of year and I never saw it again. Effectively, the dessert was free. I expect is was an experiment that hasn't been expanded.

Sadly Disney charge a fortune for the main course and don't even throw in the drink.
Old 16 Nov 19, 05:34 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by LawrenceFamily View Post
Hi everyone,

This may be a silly question so apologies in advance, but if you are not on the DDP and you want to order a meal that is on the QSDP, is there a meal deal cost for people that are not on the plan or is it a case of ordering the meal, dessert & drink all separate if you wanted them all?

Thanks

LawrenceFamily
In the majority of places, be it QS or TS, yes you pay for things individually, no meal deals. There are a couple of QS exceptions, such as the Restaurantasaurus burger and sundae package and Pizzafari family dining. The various buffets available on TS are also exceptions where you pay per person not per item.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 19, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We’ve been back a few weeks and we didn’t have the DDP but stayed onsite. When in the resort we would pay for the meal, say the breakfast platter but use our refillable cups (we bought 2 to share between 4) If in the parks we would get a meal to share or each and share the drink so get 2 drinks and 4 straws.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 19, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve not noticed anything in all the times we haven’t had DDP but we would tend to share.

I made everyone drink water towards the end of our last holiday as we’d had so much fizz and we really noticed how cheap our days were!
It’s about $4 a drink now I think and multiplied by 3 throughout a hot day that’s actually a ridiculous amount of money.

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 19, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Custancia
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 16
The desserts are no longer included as part of the quick service meal, so essentially if you are on the dining you are ordering a drink and a meal and “paying” for it with a QS credit.

If you are paying not on the plan, you can order whichever elements you want, just the meal, just the drink, or both. In some places, although not advertised, you are charged less if you get, for example, the burger without the fries (but only advertised as a combo meal).

Theres no deal meal option as such - with the exception of occasional “special” things eg burgers and sundaes at Restaurauntasurus (ignore my spelling!)

WDW POR 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015 (Xmas), 2016 and 2018

Edited at 12:02 PM.
Custancia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 19, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
LawrenceFamily
Imagineer

Thanks everyone that's really helpful

As some have suggested, if we're at the resort, we'll just use the refillable mugs and order 3 meals between the 4 of us (dd's are 11 & 9 next year). When we go the parks, we're going to take water bottles with juice capsules so we don't have to pay for fizz.

We've never been onsite before without DDP so as we are now part of DVC, we want to see how we get on with having less of a 'strict' dining plan without breaking the bank!
Old 16 Nov 19, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
suehen
Imagineer

We went in May were not on the dining plan in AK we got meal deal from Restaurantosaurus, which had Burger fries, dessert and refillable drink we did get a refill before we left, I think it was about $16 the fixing bar was good lots of choice. It was the only burger I eat on the trip and I enjoy it which I would normally only eat half of them but finished it off, but DH said it was one of the better ones we ended up taking the dessert back to CRS with us and had it for breakfast the next morning I know cake for breakfast but we were on holiday and do not like wasting food even when on the DDP we usually use ours to pay for a families meal in-front or behind in the queue and its alway been well received. We mainly had QS serve meals but did book TS meals and used our discount from our Annual Pass there was a few QS places in Disney Springs which had a discount. We did do a grocery order had cereal in the room and just asked for free water in the parks. Not sure if you have car but if not the garage near the BW as suppliers cheaper than the resort shops.

Edited at 06:31 PM.
suehen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List