Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Nov 19, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile Please indulge my proud mum moment

My eldest daughter had her graduation last night (GCSE’s) she did extremely well and was in the top 10 achievers, in fact she came 5th in the whole year. We could not be more proud of her especially when her bloods were off the scale with nerves at every exam.

My middle son struggles a lot at school etc but he loves sport. Plays rugby & does boxing.
He had his first official fight on Friday and did fantastic, he does not have any fear so I am not sure if that’s a good thing or not but he commanded the ring constantly even though the other lad was older, heavier (still in legal range) and a lot taller
My son is in black with blue head guard

I can’t leave my baby boy out. He is 6 and let’s just say a handful however he is as good as gold at school and extremely clever. Frighteningly clever in fact. The mad professor lol
Floridatilly is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
kc1
Imagineer

Mobile

Lovely post! ❤️They sound like 3 great kids! Rightly so you are proud! X
kc1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Love posts like this, sometimes we hide our children’s talents under a bushel cos we don’t want to look like we are bragging but be proud I say xx
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Rabel
Very Serious Dibber

Lovely stories about your children - I am sure that they all will do you proud both now and in the future.
Rabel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Parenting is a funny old thing. Our children can drive us crazy, cause us untold worry and heartache but we love them fiercely 💕
Floridatilly is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

top work on the boxing..

is a GCSE graduation ? a thing .. are they not all in 6th form/college by now ?
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
I can’t leave my baby boy out. He is 6 and let’s just say a handful however he is as good as gold at school and extremely clever. Frighteningly clever in fact. The mad professor lol

Well done to all of your kids Nothing wrong with a proud mum moment ...
just had to quote this as your handful sounds a lot like my handful... I thin k sometimes the 'clever' makes them a little more of a handful but it's nice to know that mine aren't the only ones who look like angels at school and well ermmm are less angelic at home lol
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
Well done to all of your kids Nothing wrong with a proud mum moment ...
just had to quote this as your handful sounds a lot like my handful... I thin k sometimes the 'clever' makes them a little more of a handful but it's nice to know that mine aren't the only ones who look like angels at school and well ermmm are less angelic at home lol
He is a monkey honest. He will push every boundary going. Nothing like my older two. We have brought him up the same and we are very strict but he doesn’t mind being told off, in fact, he is not bothered. But a complete angel at school, quite, polite, follows class & school rules, studious etc then he lets rip at home 😩
Old 21 Nov 19, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
top work on the boxing..

is a GCSE graduation ? a thing .. are they not all in 6th form/college by now ?
It’s basically collecting your certificates, nothing formal. But each name is called and everyone claps when they are announced,
The head did a speech & a guest speaker. Then a special announcement and gift card for the top 10 achievers.
There were nibbles, wine & juice in the dining hall afterwards.
It was nice for the year group to get together, they have all gone to different colleges so they were all excited to see each other.
Some lads had full on beards 😳 the last time I saw them they looked baby faced, now they are very tall young men! How does time fly so fast!