Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 9 Nov 19, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
jhv
I have Ears

Disney 12th-20th December crowds?

Hello everyone,

I'll be planning to visit the parks during the days stated above. It's the first time going as a mum myself. I'm used to visiting in May or September. I don't intend to ride the big stuff.

So it'll just be whatever my 22month old can see/do. Will those sort of attractions have long waits? Will it be heaving with people?

Thank you
jhv is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Hi, we have been going for Christmas for 8 years and sine ds was 6 months!

I’m not going to lie, yes it’s going to be busy, busy but it’s manageable, it will get busier day by day until the 20th then your out before the hell

Being up and at the parks early is key, are you on site? If so make use of extra hours and try and be in the parks for opening.

You can get more done in the first 2 or 3 hours than the rest of the day.

Make sure your restaurants are booked, hope it’s not too late now.

Your not going to get the mental busy period but year on year the first weeks have got busier and busier, years ago your dates would have been walk on.

The rides your after won’t make much difference to be honest, I’ve seen bigger lines for pooh than big thunder over the year’s! Lots of people with pre school kids there on your dates getting the trip in before the Christmas rush.

Having said all that we still go back year and year again, nothing else like it, it’s amazing!
captain-codeye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
jhv
I have Ears

Originally Posted by captain-codeye View Post
Hi, we have been going for Christmas for 8 years and sine ds was 6 months!

I’m not going to lie, yes it’s going to be busy, busy but it’s manageable, it will get busier day by day until the 20th then your out before the hell

Being up and at the parks early is key, are you on site? If so make use of extra hours and try and be in the parks for opening.

You can get more done in the first 2 or 3 hours than the rest of the day.

Make sure your restaurants are booked, hope it’s not too late now.

Your not going to get the mental busy period but year on year the first weeks have got busier and busier, years ago your dates would have been walk on.

The rides your after won’t make much difference to be honest, I’ve seen bigger lines for pooh than big thunder over the year’s! Lots of people with pre school kids there on your dates getting the trip in before the Christmas rush.

Having said all that we still go back year and year again, nothing else like it, it’s amazing!
Thanks for your reply.

No i won't be on site eek! I doubt being up early will be an issue though !

This is all a bit last minute, so no i don't have reservations to any restaurant or rides for that matter! and now i have more anxiety I wouldn't know where to even start with that, or what time my little one would want to eat, it's usually between 11-12pm here but I don't know when that would really fall with the different time zone change.
jhv is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Busyb
Helping Mickey

Mobile

We have been with a younger child, it wasn't Christmas but it was memorial weekend so was very busy. I would say just get there before it opens and do the morning. By the afternoon it will be busy but your little one will probably have had enough anyway. When we went last time, we didn't stay on site so didn't need to do the restaurants as they are expensive anyway. You can grab food from the quick service places. Also you will have a pram so you can take snacks and keep them underneath and then grab something on the way back from the park.
Busyb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 19, 02:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Florida White
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We did similar a few years ago the 12th to their 17th should be very quiet it will build them from the 18th but you will get 5 days with very low crowds
Florida White is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List