Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 16 Nov 19, 01:36 AM  
Link to this Post
maddo11
slightly serious Dibber

maddo11's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Church Street Station

Church Street Station when i was younger was always a great place to go, lively and lots to do.

Last time i went to CSS was about 8 years ago and it had changed for the worse, was full of prostitutes and druggies.

I want to go and see Orlando City play when im there in March and i know its nearby CSS. My sister isnt wanting to go to the game but i was wondering what the surrounding area is like these days. Are there shops etc for her to go to while im at the match?
maddo11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 19, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

We went after a match.
Our friend’s parents live over they’re so he’s so comfortable wandering around where I perhaps wouldn’t usually be.
I thought it was quite a nice area actually. It certainly seemed that way. We had 2 teens with us and I never felt like we needed to get them out of there!
We went into the bar that doubles up as an Orlando City shop during matches and tbh it was a bit Wetherspoons-ish and there are probably nicer places. It all had a nice vibe though. Nonidea about shops. Ours was an evening match and I didn’t notice any shops open

Edited at 09:51 PM.
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 19, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
maddo11
slightly serious Dibber

maddo11's Reviews
that will do me. as long as its not as bad as it used to be... tbf im from Sunderland so if its on par with that then she will be ok
maddo11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 19, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Gally1968
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Immediate area is absolutely fine but you wouldn’t want to stray too far !

Good bars & dining in immediate vicinity but after the game stay in the busy areas.
Old 16 Nov 19, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
maddo11
slightly serious Dibber

maddo11's Reviews
its not so much after the game. its for her while im at the game. once the game is finished we will be heading back to Idrive
Old 16 Nov 19, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Gally1968
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Apologies, misunderstood.

Whilst game is on its absolutely fine, quite busy with a good buzz about the place. Have done games & concerts at The Amway & never felt anything other than completely safe.
Old 16 Nov 19, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
maddo11
slightly serious Dibber

maddo11's Reviews
spot on thanks. thats me sorted then
Old 20 Nov 19, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

been to the amway center, and the beacham/social and a few other bars on s orange ave many times (usually go at least once per visit) and have never felt unsafe walking around, even at night (theres loads of police around the main bit on s orange ave)

the *only* issue was a couple of years ago, when we went to a gig at the beacham (frank turner/gogol bordello) and went home afterwards only to find out about the pulse nightclub shooting just down the road from where we were later that night

Edited at 03:34 PM.
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List