Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 21 Nov 19, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Twentyyears View Post
I had also heard the early date were busier because they were cheaper, which makes sense.
well, in fact it's the other way around. kind of

early dates are cheaper because Disney expects it will be quieter.

that's something you can use to derive projected attendance.
if you look at the prices of one day tickets at disney's or the prices of day express passes at universal's, you can get a sense of how busy it's expected to be.

the lower the price, the less busy it's expected to be.

this is double edged sword, because lower prices are designed to get more people to book that date, in the hope to have more people in than would otherwise come, and that's a fine balance, because, if "too many" people take advantage of the lower prices, you end up having a very high attendance, maybe even higher than the "high attendance days".

but, if you see a lower price on a date, this does mean that the expected attendance is lower than on a higher priced day.

supply and demand.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post

with MNSSHP you need to choose why you want to go and target that

1. Trick or treat stations, why ? ? ? pop to walmart and buy a few big bags of treats for $25 ( sure do a few, but people get so preoccupied with that " free candy " )

2. Rides, if you have tickets for the day time ( and most do ), ride them rides then

3. rare party M&G's, now this makes sense to me

4. Parades and fireworks, they are exclusive to the party, so watch them, it makes sense
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We went to this first party
We ate before got in line for Mohana at 6.30 out by 7.30-
We did some trick or treating got lucky and walked on POTC as it opened (Late for some reason)
We then got a okay spot for the parade- husband went to queue for snacks- stayed put for the fireworks- 2 held the spot the rest nipped to trick or treat and even squeezed in a a photopass hitchhiking ghost photo- again unplanned and got lucky no queue
We then headed to do buzz 10 min wait at most spend 5 min at the monster inc party 1 more trick or treat run and left exhausted at 11.15-
Leaving early meant we got a bus to resort relatively quickly
Space was about 40 min- we fancied it but we had kids too small to ride so skipped it.
We didn't make it to fantasy land at all-mainly adventure land and tomorrow land-

We would have loved to do more but I think it was worth it- it felt very very busy though
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
vickitoria10
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

We went on tue 27th and had a lovely time. We watched the first parade and the fireworks (amazing, best on site) and mostly did rides that were apart from SDMT walk on. We did the treats and watched some of the villains show. The big queues were at the rare meet and greets. It depends what you want. We love the atmosphere, music and shows so for us it’s worth it and we didn’t find it busy. We’d go again a Tuesday in August.

WDW - Oct 2010 - SSR, Sept/Oct 2011 - I-Drive, May 2015 - OKW

DLP - Dec 2013, Jan 2015 - Cheyenne
vickitoria10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 19, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

strange how peoples views differ - I went on the 27th and thought it was awful and left by nine(we got there at around 5) ,we didnt find anything just a walk on except maybe small world and avoided lots as times were saying 40 minutes for some rides. the queues for food were not good either and we tried to leave at the time of either parade or fireworks and it was absolutely heaving and we struggled to get through. My family kept saying I thought you said it wouldn't be busy. I think I probably expected too much though and my views on restricted attendance are vastly different to Disney's.