Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 30 Aug 19, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
room_512
Excited about Disney

Just got back from Boston on Scarlett O'Hara (330-200) and also flew out there to Vegas on the same plane.

Both flights were in PE and thought it was just fine, plenty of legroom even with the seat in front fully reclined (I'm 6' 3" tall).

Plenty of choice on the screens and they were a much better quality than on the 747 and 330-300 we flew on last year, especially when you can plug your headphones into the screen rather than the armrest.

Can't vouch for economy obviously but PE was definitely up to scratch.
room_512 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Originally Posted by room_512 View Post
Just got back from Boston on Scarlett O'Hara (330-200) and also flew out there to Vegas on the same plane.

Both flights were in PE and thought it was just fine, plenty of legroom even with the seat in front fully reclined (I'm 6' 3" tall).

Plenty of choice on the screens and they were a much better quality than on the 747 and 330-300 we flew on last year, especially when you can plug your headphones into the screen rather than the armrest.

Can't vouch for economy obviously but PE was definitely up to scratch.
Slightly off topic! but was this the Manchester to Boston route? would you know which days of the week they fly? I can only find delta flights when I search x
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
room_512
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Loulou127 View Post
Slightly off topic! but was this the Manchester to Boston route? would you know which days of the week they fly? I can only find delta flights when I search x
The other way round but yes, Virgin, Boston to Manchester. We flew back Wednesday night, Thursday morning arrival into Manchester, so I guess there's an outbound flight from Manchester on the Wednesday morning.
room_512 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 12:42 AM  
Link to this Post
m2k00
Apprentice Imagineer

We did this flight a few days ago in economy and had no issues. Just as good as all our previous Virgin flights. In flight entertainment had all movies currently listed on the VA site, think they had about 75 films.

We have flown on the Dreamliner with Virgin to LA before from Heathrow which was good but certainly not worth the extra cost and time to get to Heathrow from the midlands over the flights from Manchester.
m2k00 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
spenners
I'm Ready To Go NOW!

spenners's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 10
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by 400ixl View Post
We used Thomas Cook from Manchester to LAS and LAX back.

Flights were fine, movies poor in economy unless you paid and you pay for drinks outside of meals. But that is all known.

Alternative if someone is looking for one.
We always used TC for our West Coast travels, the flights and crew were great. Such a shame they went under

We have just booked PE flights from MAN-LAS, LAX-MAN for next May, I hope they aren't as bad as being described especially for the money we have paid

Las Vegas - October 2023 (6th West Coast Trip)
New York - February 2019 - My 50th Birthday Trip (1st Visit)
Florida - January 2024 - Taking mini me for her 30th birthday (22nd Visit to Florida)
Florida - September 2024 (23rd visit) - just me and hubby
spenners is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Perhaps the A330s will soon be gone as the A350s enter service.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 05:22 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 19, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
fiona88
Excited about Disney

We flew MAN-LAX last month economy delight, I'd been worried about the state of the plane after reading this thread but it was fine, it wasn't falling apart or peeling away at the seams. It wasn't a brand new Dreamliner but that wasn't what we'd been sold. Food out was good, return was bad although that's nothing to do with the aircraft, similarly the IFE offering wasn't to my taste, preferred TUI's offering last year but again, that's virgin's decisions not the aircraft or route. Service was great throughout, we were constantly fed on the route out and the crew were very good especially with the 2 young children in front of us