Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 Nov 19, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
LISAM
Imagineer

BA Premium economy meals - Yuk

What on earth has happened. We got back from NY a couple of weeks ago and the menu was horrible, and today I can preorder our meal for December and yuk . I’m going to have to ask what’s for lunch in economy. I actually don’t think I’ll book premium again.
Smoked duck starter, cod curry, gnocchi with blue cheese main. Yuk.

Edited at 03:35 PM.
LISAM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
disney babe
VIP Dibber

omg sounds rank
we flew back with AA in PE 2wks ago and food was nice, beef stew thing and tiramisu, salad for starters which was actually ok
I. Drive july 92,DLP 98,99, 02, 04, comfort suites sept 03, southern dunes july 06, westridge july 09, RPR, orange tree, OKW july 12, chatham park, OKW oct 13, RPR, polo park east, AKL, july 14, CBBR, HRH, CBR, disney dream, BCV oct 15, La, Vegas, SF July 16, new york, GFV, CBR, BCV july 17, Miami, Rosen inn, CBBR july 18, LV, Anaheim Oct 18, rosen inn, aventura dec 18, Fl keys, AoA, portofino bay july 19, mirage LV oct 19, rosen inn, pop dec 19, POP, Rosen Inn, POFQ aug 22

Edited at 01:50 PM.
disney babe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
LISAM
Imagineer

There is also beef stew but then I’ll have to get the duck and the pudding that I don’t like 9chocolate orange).
On way home from NY I had the filet of beef. It was raw. Absolutely cold raw lump of meat. I was really disappointed.
Also the teatime food - a microwaved pizza during the day and a microwaved bread with scrambled egg on way home. Just rank. I was looking enviously at economy and their sarnies.

Edited at 01:54 PM.
LISAM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
disney babe
VIP Dibber

we had a huge bowl of fruit, melen, pineapple n berrys, a croissant and a yogurt for breakfast, only did PE on way back, we had to change flights as our original BA flight was cancelled and had option of BA or AA, I asked on here and everyone said AA better so worth remembering for next time
I. Drive july 92,DLP 98,99, 02, 04, comfort suites sept 03, southern dunes july 06, westridge july 09, RPR, orange tree, OKW july 12, chatham park, OKW oct 13, RPR, polo park east, AKL, july 14, CBBR, HRH, CBR, disney dream, BCV oct 15, La, Vegas, SF July 16, new york, GFV, CBR, BCV july 17, Miami, Rosen inn, CBBR july 18, LV, Anaheim Oct 18, rosen inn, aventura dec 18, Fl keys, AoA, portofino bay july 19, mirage LV oct 19, rosen inn, pop dec 19, POP, Rosen Inn, POFQ aug 22
disney babe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
dave
Imagineer

Got back week ago and the meal was steak with bernaise sauce sweat potatoes and green beans, it was the nicest I’ve ever had😬
Sunset lakes 01, Weston Hills 03,Indian Ridge 04, Davenport 04, Westridge 06 & 07, Florida Pines 08, Lake Berkley 09, Windsor Hills 10, Emerald Island 12, Westridge 13, Legacy Park 15, Eagle Pointe 16, Loma Linda & Windsor Hills 17, Westridge 18, Bella Vida 19
FLORIDA MASTERS WORST TRAVEL AGENT 2015
HOLIDAY GENIE / TRAVELUP WORST TRAVEL AGENT 2016
dave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

I agree with the OP we booked food going out and had a decent steak , couldn’t book on the way home and I gave it back it was dreadful and when they offered just a burrito for breakfast and a biscuit my DH face was an absolute picture .which we both turned down.
BA have tried to go for the “artisan” alternative food range and it is way out of what people want quinoa & cold pasta salads and grains do not always travel well .
Check out inflightfeed if you have Instagram , the new delta economy meal is fabulous it’s straightforward looks ‘clean’and healthy and will definitely draw more passengers.

Edited at 02:33 PM.
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
LISAM
Imagineer

Haha I was the same - I was really disappointed that there was no cheese and crackers - because that’s all I would have eaten on way home from NY. The scrambled egg bread thing did not travel well. A sore belly waiting to happen eating that. Same with the flatbread on way out. A shame because I’m usually a person that loves plane food,- it’s part of my holiday experience.

Edited at 03:34 PM.
Old 9 Nov 19, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
wifey
Imagineer

Mobile

This is why for the last few years we have grabbed a meal and bought snacks airside at the airport. The meals on the inbound leg with VA have always been awful and the breakfast never made up for the poor dinner offerings.
1998 Comfort Inn LBV, 2000 AS Music, 2002 Spring Hill Suites LLB, 2004 AS Movies, 2005 Comfort Inn LBV& Sequoia Lodge DLRP, 2007 AS Movies. September 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter, Yacht Club August 2013 "Club Level" WL August 2015, CBR Celebrating 26 Years Together October 2017.
wifey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We usually fly VA but flew BA for the first time in Sept (in PE) - the main meal going was really nice, and I we enjoyed the Magnum - but - the expected afternoon tea (VA is lovely) was a microwave mini pizza b****y awful thing still in the cardboard box.
Coming home they only had one choice of main left which we would never have chosen, then the 'breakfast', well - I opened the (again) cardboard microwave box to see/smell some kind of soggy eggy bread. The box was closed quickly, DH didn't even open his but the smell was all over the cabin. I'd far rather have the cereal bar, fruit and yogurt on VA.
If we travel BA again next year, we'll buy cookies or cinnamon rolls before we leave WDW to take on the plane for breakfast.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984

Edited at 05:21 PM.
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
U2fan
Very Serious Dibber

We enjoyed the meal on the flight out from Gatwick to Tampa a few weeks ago, but coming back... 🤮 It was a choice of chicken or pasta. They’d run out of pasta and I ended up with chicken from a different class as it was on a porcelain plate. It was revolting. The breakfast was inedible (croissant with cheese and tomato paste and a sickly cereal bar) and I’m not a fussy eater!
U2fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List