Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Nov 19, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Lell
Imagineer

Lell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
If we have a safe, we leave them there. If not I just have them in my handbag.
DLP (Disney Explorers) Sep 2004, DLP (Sequoia Lodge) Sep 2007, Disney CSR/Universal RPR Oct 2010, Disney AKL Oct 2012, Doubletree by Hilton at Seaworld Oct 2014, West Coast Road Trip 2017, Florida Road Trip 2018, West Coast Road Trip 2019, East Coast/Canada Road trip 2022, National Parks Road Trip 2023
Lell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariesmith
Imagineer

My Parents passports along with everything else was stolen from a hotel safe years ago. We always keep passports and valubles with us. I take no real jewellery or other unnecessary valubles on holiday now.
Mariesmith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

Mobile

Either with us in my bag or locked in the car.
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Hotel safe
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Picklepuppy
Imagineer

Mobile

I never take it out the room once we arrive. I leave it in the safe, where it is nice safe and insured. I have never been asked for it and i take my driving licence as ID
Picklepuppy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Picklepuppy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by archibald View Post
Either with us in my bag or locked in the car.
Why would you lock it in the car! If you car is stolen or broken into your most important travel document is gone
Picklepuppy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I leave it in the hotel safe except on check out say when it’s in my bag. I wouldn’t be happy carrying it about in case I lost it, especially in Universal where you put your bags in lockers for some rides.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Picklepuppy View Post
Why would you lock it in the car! If you car is stolen or broken into your most important travel document is gone
Because we travel around a bit and sometimes do things like tubing between locations - I suspect holding it above my head as I bounce through the rapids may not be particularly secure either .
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Mobile

We tend to leave them at the hotel/apartment in a suitcase with combination lock
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Bolto6
Imagineer

We use the safe in the room/apartment if there is one, otherwise I leave it locked in the suitcase, in the wardrobe out of sight.

On our 2nd trip my dad had all the passports in his bumbag and we got soaked on a wet ride, and so did the passports. I think in this day and age, even if we don’t have the physical original on us, a picture on our phones should help us with the Embassy should anything happen. Following advice on here for ID purposes, I now keep a photo of our passports on my phone, but always carry my driving licence on me.

EDIT we also do the same for all our travel documents, including print off of our ESTA’s and travel insurance documents.

Edited at 09:36 PM.
Bolto6 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List