Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Nov 19, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sixpence18 View Post
I have been looking for flights on the matrix. Why is it that it finds prices that are not available anywhere else? I keep looking direct and all comparison websites but can’t come close to the prices on the matrix
Comparison websites are a result of the prices fed to them by their various advertisers. These advertisers (mostly travel agents, but also some airlines direct) are limited by their own technology.

Strange as it sounds even airlines’ own websites cannot display (or are programmed not to display) all the fare combinations that are filed in the guts of the GDS (the systems hosting most airline fares and reservations). ITA Matrix can find some of these fares, but you may have to call the airline or use a travel agent to book them.

On the other hand, with some recent changes in technology, not all fares are shown on ITA Matrix either, so research in multiple places is advised.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

You use ITA Matrix to get a set of prices, with the actual details on the second page In codes airlines and some travel agents understand.
We get tge date then contact the airline direct. If, for some reason the flight codes are not now correct,the airline will give you a price for the nearest cost
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 19, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
lilo82
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by returnplanning View Post
Just looking at ITA matrix which is coming up with some very attractive prices. Obviously that is the good side.

What's the downside? I assume that apart from the obvious of not being able to find a travel agent who can get you the exact booking, there are risks in an indirect flight if one leg is delayed.

So, for those of you that use ITA matrix, do you go to any TA, or do you find smaller, independent ones?

If there is an indirect flight, but both legs are with the same airline, does it count as a through booking, so if the first leg was delayed, they would still need to get you where you need to be?

The flight I am looking at says as follows:

London (LHR) to Orlando (MCO) — Fri, Oct 2

London (LHR) to Charlotte (CLT) — Fri, Oct 2
American 731

Dep: 10:30 am

Arr: 2:55 pm

9h 25m

Airbus A330

Economy (B)

[Lunch, Snack or Brunch]

Layover in CLT

1h 34m

Charlotte (CLT) to Orlando (MCO) — Fri, Oct 2
American 1939

Dep: 4:29 pm

Arr: 6:16 pm

1h 47m

Airbus A321

Economy (B)

If that helps?

The flight back is direct, so not an issue.

Thanks in advance
I've flown from dublin to charlotte and then charlotte to orlando. I found that the flight from charlotte can get delayed but its lovely getting off as you pick up your bags from downstairs as a domestic customer. It's my preferred flight. I would say however there are normally delays from charlotte to orlando.
lilo82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List