Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 5 Mar 17, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
ladyofleisure
Excited about Disney

Now let me show you the true power of a Mandalorian – CBR/RPR Trip - Day 1 - Tuesday 18th August

I’m always up early, and we both have trouble sleeping, so I was dreading waking up too early, we were ok though we managed to about 5am then were up and about finishing the unpacking, taking in some Florida air (from the walkway outside our room we were lucky enough to be on the second floor). We had a view of the parking lot which we were not bothered about, and very little traffic walking past our room (which we were bothered about).

We had a nice relaxing start to the day, had a quick look at the food court and the hotel beach, then made our way to the bus stop for our trip to the Magic Kingdom.

We left the hotel at about 7am and I was glad we had the time, as the queues at Magic Kingdom were already forming by 7.45 when we arrived. I must admit I got a bit emotional on the bus as we approached and had our first view of the castle, this really is my happy place!

We made our way to the security queue for those with breakfast reservations, and once safely through we were waking up a very calm and quiet main street, this was about 8am. We stopped for a couple of photopass photos. I was keen to hurry but Antony insisted on one in front of the castle.. then THIS happened!

Quick as a flash he was down on one knee with a proposal and my beautiful ring.

Thanks to a good friend Hayley the ring was sized to perfection and I LOVE it I really do – perfect place and perfect ring, and most importantly perfect partner – thanks Antony.

Needless to say best surprise on best holiday I’ve ever had. Felt the rest of the day floating!

To say I was gobsmacked really is an understatement and I was an absolute mess crying with happiness. Of course I said yes, what a wonderful thing to do in a place that is really special to me. Typical Antony he is an incredibly thoughtful and loving man. I keep saying it don’t I, I am very lucky!

Typical northerners, when we finished having photos and I stopped crying and shaking, we were ready for our breakfast – we felt absolutely famished, so we quickly made our way for our 8.15 ADR at Crystal Palace.

Joe loved Pooh and friends when he was a bit younger and wouldn’t be parted from his Pooh, and I really liked the look of this place. Our lovely server offered us congratulations and then it was time for these guys

The food was brilliant we were stuffed but I think it’s the characters that made this place and we left happy. The first morning of our holiday was eventful in many ways we had a good time.

Following breakfast we used our FP+ on Space Mountain at 10.05am, 7DMT at 11.40 and finally Splash Mountain at 12.50, in-between those, we just went for whatever we fancied and managed about 10 rides in total before we were flagging.

Time for a Dole Whip and Enchanted Tiki Room (altogether guys “In the Tiki Tiki Tiki Room…..) I’m still singing it now, nearly 2 years on! for our final cool down before returning to the hotel.

Joe and I went to the main pool for an hour but it was bedlam, it was packed to the rafters and so noisy with the music, Antony led the hasty retreat and we rested up.

We did however stop off at Old Port Royale mid-afternoon for some Chili Dog Fries, we picked up our 3 x rapidfil mugs, I got a veg lasagne, Joe had a rice crispy treat, we got two packets of potato chips, a chocolate milk, a bottle of coke, a diet coke, joe had some fettuccini with meat which used three qs meals. Clearly our appetites were now on Florida time baby.. That said, all were ok, but just “ok”. We were not crazy about the food (or menu) in the food court and preferred to eat in the parks.

We then showered and changed before our first Uber of the trip, we were off to International Drive to here.

Uber were absolutely brilliant, cab was there within a few minutes, great you can track your cab and driver etc and so much cheaper than Mears, I think we paid around $20 dollars to get to the 6pm showing of the Outta Control Comedy Magic Show.

Driver was really quick and efficient and avoided the traffic (I’d paid $50 dollars for the same journey on a previous trip stuck in busy traffic with Mears). We stopped for a quick drink in an old favourite, Millar’s Ale House, which was as delicious as ever. Millar’s was busy, but the service was great although due to the heat there were no available tables inside which was a pity as it really was a very warm evening.

Joe loved it, in fact he still occasionally uses his catchphrase of the holiday which was “I wish I’d bought the DVD” – which Antony advised him to do, several times during the show!

Tony is a great showman, I honestly have no idea how he performed some of the tricks (by the looks on the faces of a lot of the audience they felt the same way). It was nice to be in the air con while we were still acclimatising to the heat, and the show tickets included popcorn, unlimited pizza, dessert and beer/wine). We couldn’t believe the value as the pizza was replenished and drinks topped up a lot, (you would think we were sick of pizza by this time but surely that’s illegal on holiday).

It kept us going too. Afterwards we wanted to go Walgreens and picked up a few things I’d forgotten to pack and my till receipt shows 8.31pm (for anyone who wonders how long the show was must have been at least an hour). I bought some Deadpool, Harley Quinn, and Joker lanyards $5.99 each) for the children which I must dig out and use for this year’s trip, and a toothbrush (I’d forgotten to pack Antony’s he’d been busy working until the last second so I’d packed for him) and a spare adaptor and a new hairbrush and some air freshener, total was $33.79 including tax.

Best Day Ever!

Now let me show you the true power of a Mandalorian. CBR/RPR Trip - August 2015 - Introduction

Now let me show you the true power of a Mandalorian - Day 0 – Travel Day – Monday 17th August

Now let me show you the true power of a Mandalorian – Day 1 - Tuesday 18th August

Now let me show you the true power of a Mandalorian – Day 2 - Wednesday 19th

Now let me show you the true power of a Mandalorian – Day 3 - Thursday 20th

Now let me show you the true power of a Mandalorian – Day 4 - Friday 21st

Now let me show you the true power of a Mandalorian – Day 5 - Saturday 22nd August

Now let me show you the true power of a Mandalorian - Day 6 - Sunday 23rd

Now let me show you the true power of a Mandalorian – Day 7 - Monday 24th

Now let me show you the true power of a Mandalorian – Day 8 - Tuesday 25th

Now let me show you the true power of a Mandalorian – Day 9 - Wednesday 26th

Now let me show you the true power of a Mandalorian - Day 10 - Thursday 27th

Now let me show you the true power of a Mandalorian – Day 11 - Friday 28th

Now let me show you the true power of a Mandalorian – Day 12 - Saturday 29th

Now let me show you the true power of a Mandalorian – Day 13 - Sunday 30th

Now let me show you the true power of a Mandalorian – Day 14 - Monday 31st

Edited at 08:53 AM.
ladyofleisure is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 17, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
davdawnbro
Getting Excited

Ahh how lovely. Congratulations on your engagement!
davdawnbro is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 17, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
ladyofleisure
Excited about Disney

Thank you - its so nice to pull this report together to relieve all this.

To anyone reading along who is staying at CBR later this year, I hope this report helps just a little and I'm so sorry there are not a lot of resort photos, it's just we didn't spend a lot of time there.

I am so sorry to hear of all the renovations though and the lack of notice, its just awful and when you save as hard as we all do for our holidays, you want them to be everything you hope and dream of. I hope everyone affected gets over all the stress, hassle and disappointment soon.
ladyofleisure is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 17, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
wellbehaved
Getting Excited

Congratulations. Fab start to your holiday and the rest of your happy lives together.

Pam
wellbehaved is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 17, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
ILoveDaveLamb
Imagineer

Congratulations on your engagement. You certainly got the holiday off to a good start. Wishing you much happiness in your future together. x
Old 9 Mar 17, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
redredshopper
Imagineer

I have just realised we were in CP at the same time as you, wish I'd have spotted your engagement - it would have made my day
Old 9 Mar 17, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
ladyofleisure
Excited about Disney

Awe thanks Jayne it would have been so nice to say hello!
Old 10 Mar 17, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Imagineer

What a brill start to your holiday! Congratulations xx
EJSakaAnna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 17, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

How can I have missed this day?!

Congratulations! I love how perfectly the photos captured the moment. So well planned, well done Antony!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 17, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

What a beautiful and wonderful way to start your holiday. Congratulations to you both.
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List