Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Jun 18, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
I love walmart
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile Virgin upper class lounge at SFO

We are flying home from SFO in Virgin upper class. My first time in upper and I’m a tad excited! 😃
Our flight is about 7pm and we will be getting chucked out of our hotel about 11am. I’ve heard that the SFO lounge is great but would love to hear from anyone who has recently been there. Will it be a good place to relax and eat for 4 or 5 hours? Will we get a proper meal or is it just snacks? Is there comfy sofa type seating or would we have to be sat at tables on hard chairs?
Sorry for the daft questions but I’m really looking forward to the flight home. It’s part of my holiday planning. My sons don’t know I’ve upgraded either so I can’t wait till we turn left and I see their reaction!
I love walmart is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 18, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
pompeyboy
Apprentice Imagineer

Found a fairly recent you tube review of the SFO lounge
, she reckons it was the best food ever in a lounge.

Understand your excitement it will be great to see the lads faces when they realise. Often fancy trying it but always boils down to cash, my lad got a free upgrade to Rome and loved the lounge experience at Heathrow but long haul will be amazing. Hope you all enjoy the experience.
pompeyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 18, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Love SFO clubhouse! There's different types of seating.

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 18, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Mobile

Checkin in at SFO only opens about 3 hrs before the flight (depending on days it is either 4pm or 3pm on my experience ) so factor that into your plans. Also it is landside so you will get called earlier than usual to get through security (which can be Long) but it is a great little lounge
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 18, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
I love walmart
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Thanks everyone. Good point about the opening time, I hadn’t thought of that. I’d best make sure I’m not there too early then.
The lady reviewing in the video mentioned a $40 cost. Does that apply to everyone? I thought it was free for VA upper passengers
I love walmart is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 18, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by I love walmart View Post
Thanks everyone. Good point about the opening time, I hadn’t thought of that. I’d best make sure I’m not there too early then.
The lady reviewing in the video mentioned a $40 cost. Does that apply to everyone? I thought it was free for VA upper passengers
Yes it free for upper class - Virgin American pax used to be able to pay to use it but you will be fine .

The Club House May be open all day but checkin certainly only opens c3 hrs before flight at SFO - connecting passengers etc will be able to use it earlier tho as I did last year when I flew in from LAX

Edited at 12:05 PM.
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List