Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Dec 17, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
popdriver
Proud to wear my Ears

Wow, what a great community this really, I have used the Dibb extensively for my last two florida trips and I have to say I have been more of a reader than a contributor, I will certainly be contributing more the forum now to return the extent of goodwill that exists

So plans are coming together;

Flights for 2 adults & 3 kids =£1,800
Villa for two week in Orlando £1,150
Car for 18/19/20 days £750 [7 seat mini van]

Total £3,700

We are still discussing Orlando and will probably end up with Disney which will be £2,000

So I am looking c£6,200 for all accommodation, flights & Disney tickets

Then £2,000 spending money

If I cut it to just a villa it will save me the hotels in key west etc which is c£5-600

Flights are indirect with only one stopover now in Madrid, I can live with indirect given that kit saves a minimum of £2,000

The plan is;

Day 1 cheap hotel in Miami or key largo
Day 2 drive to key west
Day 3 key west / snorkel trip
Day 4 - 19 drive to villa - stay 14 nights

So this really is starting to complete with European destination (ok I have to admit the £2,000 Disney tickets is the real difference)

Any feedback welcome x
popdriver is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 17, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by popdriver View Post
Wow, a lot to take in here... firstly thank you!

So the reason we said no to Florida next year;

1, costs
2, we felt 3 years in a row and magic would be lost

So, we went to Cyprus at this October half term... and that reminded us that beach holidays are not all that and in the evening there is pretty much nowt to do but eat / drink / ropey entertainment & tat shops

So our dilemma isn't really shall we go to Florida, it's more that we cannot find a beach holiday that is nice, nice food / location, walk onto a beach / no sun bed wars

In fact it's the sunbed wars that put us right off hotels in Europe, hence the villa concept

Then I find a fly drive for 5 of us for £2,700 next august and start to think shall we do Florida - we all love it and the kids are getting older, currently 14/12/8

Is there an alternative holiday location?
There are plenty of alternative holiday locations! The world is a big place with lots of countries.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 17, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
AhoyShipmates
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Now your kids are getting older you might consider flying to the West coast and doing a road trip around the state parks. Camping in Yosemite, coyote and lizard-spotting in Death Valley, hiking through the redwoods and Point Reyes and riding the trams in San Francisco are just some of the elements of an unforgettable holiday. You could hire an RV or stay in some of the many quirky accommodations on offer, and take in Disney Land or Universal in LA in a cheap hotel.

As for this trip, it sounds as though you really want to go to Florida, so book it and have a fab time!
AhoyShipmates is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 17, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Done
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 17, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
I've PM'd you jas
Many thanks Duchy that place looks great just trying to convince the wife we don't need a gated community.

This will be our last trip as my DW is a bit fed up of us going all the time.

I need to make it super memorable so she'll want to come back. I think we are planning a boston trip for 2019 so perhaps a twin center week with Chicago/Boston or similar.

But yes OP, go back to Florida don't go to the parks see the rest of the state

Edited at 12:15 PM.
jas72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List