Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 17 Mar 18, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post

Adding extra days to MYW base tickets

Hi all..

Seen on another post that you can add additional days to MYW base tickets when in resort.

So if i buy a 2 day base ticket can i add days as i need them? I've seen that extra days are quite cheap if not cheaper than a 4 or 5 day base ticket. So confused but needing advice on this if possible.

Thanks...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 18, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
fiffio
Imagineer

Mobile

You can do it at Disney guest relations (not sure of prices) but and it’s a big but, you need to do it before you enter the park for the last day of your ticket. So in the case of a 2 day ticket, I’d do it the minute I arrived!
fiffio is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 18, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Please see my post on this thread.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...5#post13130615

But you cannot add days cheaply to a 2 day base to get 4 or 5 days cheaper than you would get a 4 or5 day ticket from the off. Disney aren't that stupid 😂

I THINK so long as your days haven't expired , you can add on during your last day , so while you are there on day 2, you could upgrade to a 3 day ticket
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 18, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

as the above posters have said, it needs to be done before your ticket expires. So you'll need to do that on day 2 before exiting the park, at the latest. You can't come back the next day and say you want an extra day, because your ticket would be worth $0 at that time (expired)

then you can add a day by paying the difference between the value of the ticket you hold, and the value of the ticket you want to upgrade to

for example, today a 2 days base ticket is at $222.59 (inc. tax)
the 4 days base ticket is at $404.70

if you purchase the 2 days ticket today, you'll pay $222.59 and if, in Florida, you want to add 2 days, you will need to pay 404.70 - 222.59 = $182.11 to go from the 2 days ticket to the 4 days ticket

you won't save any money, and you may even hit a price increase and pay a few dollars more than you would have in advance

the only way to save on tickets is to get a ticket like a 2 days + 1 free that sometimes are on sale on sites like undercover tourist
then upgrade them and hope they bridge the ticket and give you the full value of a 3 days ticket for your 2days+1. But I'm not even sure they bridge the tickets anymore, I think they now know the price you paid for the ticket.

the only benefit of purchasing a 2 days ticket and upgrading to 4 instead of directly purchasing a 4 days ticket, is if you're unsure you'll manage 4 days of park
gettiing a shorter duration allows you to not pay for days you might not use, and add days as you need them (as long as you do this before your last day ends)
but cost-wise, you won't save. In the best case scenario you'll just break even
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 18, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
as the above posters have said, it needs to be done before your ticket expires. So you'll need to do that on day 2 before exiting the park, at the latest. You can't come back the next day and say you want an extra day, because your ticket would be worth $0 at that time (expired)

then you can add a day by paying the difference between the value of the ticket you hold, and the value of the ticket you want to upgrade to

for example, today a 2 days base ticket is at $222.59 (inc. tax)
the 4 days base ticket is at $404.70

if you purchase the 2 days ticket today, you'll pay $222.59 and if, in Florida, you want to add 2 days, you will need to pay 404.70 - 222.59 = $182.11 to go from the 2 days ticket to the 4 days ticket

you won't save any money, and you may even hit a price increase and pay a few dollars more than you would have in advance

the only way to save on tickets is to get a ticket like a 2 days + 1 free that sometimes are on sale on sites like undercover tourist
then upgrade them and hope they bridge the ticket and give you the full value of a 3 days ticket for your 2days+1. But I'm not even sure they bridge the tickets anymore, I think they now know the price you paid for the ticket.

the only benefit of purchasing a 2 days ticket and upgrading to 4 instead of directly purchasing a 4 days ticket, is if you're unsure you'll manage 4 days of park
gettiing a shorter duration allows you to not pay for days you might not use, and add days as you need them (as long as you do this before your last day ends)
but cost-wise, you won't save. In the best case scenario you'll just break even
Great explanation...think i read on another post that you could add days for $11 more so must be mistaken on that.
Old 18 Mar 18, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by karlos View Post
Great explanation...think i read on another post that you could add days for $11 more so must be mistaken on that.
Once you have a 5 day or more ticket, it IS only $11 to add an extra day( because that is the difference in the gate prices ) . BUt if you have alower number of days, then the upgrade prices are MUCH more
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 18, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by karlos View Post
That only applies once you get beyond 5 days (eg. upgrading from a 5 day ticket to a 6 day ticket). For 2 day tickets it'll cost more, until you get beyond 5 days.

The price to add a day is just the difference in price betweeen an X day ticket and an X+1 day ticket. You don't save any money by adding days.

Here are the price of the adult base tickets:

2-Day MYW Base Ticket - Adult $222.59
3-Day MYW Base Ticket - Adult $324.83
4-Day MYW Base Ticket - Adult $404.70
5-Day MYW Base Ticket - Adult $420.68
6-Day MYW Base Ticket - Adult $431.33
7-Day MYW Base Ticket - Adult $441.98
8-Day MYW Base Ticket - Adult $452.63
9-Day MYW Base Ticket - Adult $463.28
10-Day MYW Base Ticket - Adult $473.93

As you can see, the difference in price between a 5 day ticket and 6 day ticket (or a 7 day ticket and 8 day ticket, etc) is about $11. However, the difference in price between a 2 day ticket and a 3 day ticket is about $102.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 03:46 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 18, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
That only applies once you get beyond 5 days (eg. upgrading from a 5 day ticket to a 6 day ticket). For 2 day tickets it'll cost more, until you get beyond 5 days.

The price to add a day is just the difference in price betweeen an X day ticket and an X+1 day ticket. You don't save any money by adding days.

Here are the price of the adult base tickets:

2-Day MYW Base Ticket - Adult $222.59
3-Day MYW Base Ticket - Adult $324.83
4-Day MYW Base Ticket - Adult $404.70
5-Day MYW Base Ticket - Adult $420.68
6-Day MYW Base Ticket - Adult $431.33
7-Day MYW Base Ticket - Adult $441.98
8-Day MYW Base Ticket - Adult $452.63
9-Day MYW Base Ticket - Adult $463.28
10-Day MYW Base Ticket - Adult $473.93

As you can see, the difference in price between a 5 day ticket and 6 day ticket (or a 7 day ticket and 8 day ticket, etc) is about $11. However, the difference in price between a 2 day ticket and a 3 day ticket is about $102.
Thanks for your efforts... Thought i was onto something then..ha ha. One day ill find a loophole somewhere