Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 26 Mar 18, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Appleton0570
Getting to know the DIBB

Universal Annual Pass Questions

Hello there

I have read several pages on this subject, which have been very helpful, but still have a couple of questions please.

We are a family of four travelling in August this year and my plan is to upgrade one Adult ticket to a Premier Annual Pass.

So can I buy normal 14 day tickets from say Floridatix and then use one of these to upgrade when I get there? Or do I need to buy direct from Universal initially?

We are also looking to book one separate single night stay at HRH in mid-August. Do I book a room now and then show my AP when I get there to obtain any discounts? I wasn’t sure how this part works if I book now but don't upgrade my ticket until our first day at Universal. (at the moment the room price on the Universal official site is pretty much the same as Travelbag...)

Thank you for your help!
Sean
Appleton0570 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 18, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Imagineer

Yes to the first part.

Availability of APH rooms seem far less this year than I've ever known. Judging by availabity for this May, which is a quiet time, I wouldn't buy the AP beforehand to get a room discount as it may ever show.

If you buy your 14 day passes then upgrade to an AP while you're there you can explain this at check in and so long as you show them your AP before you leave they're normally ok with that.

That said, I've never not been able to get an APH rate for August, just need to check everyday and check all 3 as most availability and best value is normally at The Portofino

Edited at 06:14 PM. Reason: Sp
sandshal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 18, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Imagineer

Ps just seen its your first post so welcome xxx

Sharon

sandshal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 18, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Appleton0570
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

Hi Sharon

Thanks for taking the time to reply, and it all makes sense - thank you.

Where you said 'yes to the first part, do you mean I can buy from someone like Floridatix etc?

Thanks again!
Appleton0570 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List