Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 22 Jun 18, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Bats View Post
I'm not sure where you're looking, but Vibe (on the Dream and Fantasy) is on deck 5. Edge (the slightly younger aged club) is nowhere near it either as it's in the chimney stack basically.

Again, not sure where you're looking, but deck 12 has 14 concierge veranda cabins, whereas deck 11 only has 6.

Use THIS DECK PLAN

So, for us personally, we'd prefer deck 11 as you may get the noise of sunloungers scraping all day and very early morning if you were on deck 12 (public deck is 13). We have done a top deck twice and I wouldn't choose to do it again, just my opinion.
The Dream concierge is lovely, has a great lounge, a private sun deck with hot tub (new) and free drinks for 5 hours each day. The lounges are great and the concierge hosts are great too.

I would opt for cabin 11004 if it's available as that has a bump out veranda. It has plexi glass top and bottom but with a large gap through the middle. Difficult to describe so here's a photo ..

There's good and bad for all cabins ... 11004 is on the port side so no fantastic view of Castaway Cay, just the dock side of it, but you get that lovely veranda with no deck noise!

Hope that helps
Joa
We are also considering concierge for our next cruise. Am I right in thinking that deck 11 bump out verandahs are slightly deeper than deck 12 bump out's?
Old 23 Jun 18, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Licoricelover
Excited about Disney

I am not sure if there is a difference. We have stayed on deck 12 in 12008 and 12510 both have bump out verandahs. I can't remember looking over and seeing the one below.
They do have a domed glass roof which comes over the verandah so not sure if it's like being in a greenhouse. I am sure someone who has stayed in one will come forward.
I would look at photos of the outside of the ship you will see what they look like.
Deck 12 also has the concierge lounge almost opposite the bump out verandah cabins. Very handy a few steps to snacks and the odd glass of wine.
We have always been happy with verandah rooms until one year decided to book concierge. Big mistake as we would find it hard not to go concierge now. We love it so much.
I am sure you will not regret it whatever cabin you choose.
Licoricelover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 18, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Licoricelover View Post
I am not sure if there is a difference. We have stayed on deck 12 in 12008 and 12510 both have bump out verandahs. I can't remember looking over and seeing the one below.
They do have a domed glass roof which comes over the verandah so not sure if it's like being in a greenhouse. I am sure someone who has stayed in one will come forward.
I would look at photos of the outside of the ship you will see what they look like.
Deck 12 also has the concierge lounge almost opposite the bump out verandah cabins. Very handy a few steps to snacks and the odd glass of wine.
We have always been happy with verandah rooms until one year decided to book concierge. Big mistake as we would find it hard not to go concierge now. We love it so much.
I am sure you will not regret it whatever cabin you choose.
Thanks for the info! This is what we worry about, once concierge can we go back to a normal stateroom Do you find you really benefit from it, we're not sure how worth it it would be as we're on deck a lot by the pool etc...
Old 24 Jun 18, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Licoricelover
Excited about Disney

For us this year it will be invaluable as we have 9 month old twins with us and have managed to get a cabana on castaway cay. Concierge and platinum members have first choice on these. Never needed one before but never taken babies before so looking forward to it. Also you can book activities and baby sitting earlier which has worked well for us for this year.
Is it worth it - for us it is but everyone is different.
Licoricelover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 18, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

For us this year it will be invaluable as we have 9 month old twins with us and have managed to get a cabana on castaway cay. Concierge and platinum members have first choice on these. Never needed one before but never taken babies before so looking forward to it. Also you can book activities and baby sitting earlier which has worked well for us for this year.
Sounds lovely, have a great time!
Old 28 Jun 18, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
We are also considering concierge for our next cruise. Am I right in thinking that deck 11 bump out verandahs are slightly deeper than deck 12 bump out's?
Yes, some of the deck 12s have a bump out too - have a look at the photo I put on page 1 of this thread.

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
Thanks for the info! This is what we worry about, once concierge can we go back to a normal stateroom Do you find you really benefit from it, we're not sure how worth it it would be as we're on deck a lot by the pool etc...
We like concierge, but are happy to sail without it too. It would be a shame if you sailed less because you only wanted concierge. There are definite advantages to booking it, but the price is high of course.

Concierge get priority, not platinum. Platinum are 5 days after concierge people have put their requests in.

Joa