Notices

Old 14 Jun 18, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
EvilQueen1937
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Charlotte I actually gasped when I found out you had the Emporium! What an absolute dream to be working on Main Street USA. Congratulations!
I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised too! I couldn't make it public until I had been officially told by Disney so I've had to sit on this secret for days! I couldn't imagine working anywhere better! I think the latest shift finishes at about 3am so I am really hoping I will be able to stand on Main Street after the park has closed with no one else around and get some gorgeous pictures...

Remember, you're the one who can fill the world with sunshine!
EvilQueen1937 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 18, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Jo
Imagineer

Absolutely wonderful! I am sure you will enjoy every moment & if we see you in August we will be sure to say a Dibb hello
August 2018 - Villa at Oak Island Community
December 2021 - Art of Animation Cars Suite
Disney Jo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 18, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Kidd McFluff
slightly serious Dibber

This is one of the nicest posts I've ever read on The Dibb. It's lovely to read and it's clear that your dreams are coming true with this adventure. You write beautifully and it sounds as if you will be a credit to Disney. I'm sure you'll be making the difference to countless peoples experience in the Magic Kingdom.
Kidd McFluff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 18, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

My daughter Keely did the summer program in 2013. She had the most amazing time and definitely made the most of it. Travel day was long and it took a couple of days to settle in with jet lag and everything.

Her role was a greeter at the entrance to Epcot and she made some lifelong friends from different countries. Only last week she met up.with a girl from.Brazil she worked with, in Stockholm , (which is where my daughter is living now).
Working in WDW certainly helped her in her future career, as it showed she could deal with different situations and being in a different country.

In fact I'm.just off to the airport in an hour to go and visit her for a few days in Stockholm.
She'll.happily say to anyone that her summer in Florida working in Epcot was the best experience.
Give yourself a bit of time to settle and get to know people. Its not easy to start with but well worth it in the end. Have a wonderful summer .

Edited at 05:04 PM.
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 18, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Oh what a fantastic post. I can't wait to read the rest. Have an amazing time!
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 18, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Have great summer, my friends daughter flew out today too - to work on Main Street.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 18, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Dilsy
Trying for More Ears

Congratulations Charlotte, what a great achievement, I'm sure you'll have an amazing time. Main Street, couldn't be better! We will look out for you in July.
Dilsy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 18, 03:26 AM  
Link to this Post
EvilQueen1937
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Kidd McFluff View Post
This is one of the nicest posts I've ever read on The Dibb. It's lovely to read and it's clear that your dreams are coming true with this adventure. You write beautifully and it sounds as if you will be a credit to Disney. I'm sure you'll be making the difference to countless peoples experience in the Magic Kingdom.
That's one of the nicest comments I've read! Thank you so much! I'm just about to go to bed after my travel day, I've been awake 22 hours now and I'm shattered!

Remember, you're the one who can fill the world with sunshine!
EvilQueen1937 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 18, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by EvilQueen1937 - 17 Jun 18 6:34 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 18, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Congratulations Charlotte! I agree with the comment above, you will be a credit to WDW; your passion is evident. I'm sure you will have an amazing time and will bank memories to last you a life time. I too will look out for you this August when we visit.

Good luck and enjoy the ride!

Best wishes,

Jane
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List