Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 23 Jun 18, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
DDD
Apprentice Imagineer

DDD's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Ideas for cheaper days out

Just booked a trip away in 24 days... eeek it was cheaper than a holiday in Spain so booked it!
We aren't going to do Disney and Universal as ticket prices are way too much for this cheeky trip away. My ideas so far are;
Cape Canaveral - Hubby and daughter not been and its on our list every year we go and we never manage to drag ourselves away from the parks.
Celebration - a proper look around and meal there (any suggestions?)
Crazy golf - one of the big pirate ones maybe
Beach - not sure about this as we're not really big sand people! But its a possible
St Augustine - I fancy this after Dale Winton's trip but wondering if its a bit far for the day?

We're going to eat out every day but not wanting to spend loads. However not into the cheaper buffet places. Hoping to try a few new places as we've been on the dining plan the last few years so not really ventured out for food.

Thinking we'll have plenty of pool time too.

Any other suggestions for half days out? Any groupons and coupons I can get in advance?

Thank you
DDD
DDD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 18, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Dee_laah
Gone all Goofy

we just did a last minute trip as well. We'd been looking at Mexica, Dom Rep ,Canaries etc
We got a SeaWorld, busch and Aquatica ticket as they are around£100on Attraction Tickets. we went to see the seaworld Evening shows and fireworks, a day at Busch and a couple of days in Aquatica. we had planned to so much more. This was a holiday to relax and relax we did often not getting up until 10am. It did help there were 4 pools where we stayed so was often just us there

Food: if you eat at outback steakhouse, carrabas or Bonefish Grill, join up with Dine rewards you get 50% off a 4th visit.
Miller ale house you get $5 off a$20 after filling in a receipt survey
lots of restaurant's do offers if you eat before 4pm, we were having breakfast then an early evening meal cutting out lunch costs.
Beaches are doable in a day. Clearwater is about 90 mins, Daytona 60 or so.
Dee_laah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 18, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
DDD
Apprentice Imagineer

DDD's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Thank you. Good idea about a late lunch/ early dinner. That would suit us.
DDD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 18, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Jesslydevie1
Very Serious Dibber

Hi st Augustine’s is amazing and well worth a visit but not a day trip , could you maybe book a cheap hotel for the night ? You would not regret it it’s beautiful there . What about blue springs state national park or Kissimmee rodeo ?
Old 24 Jun 18, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Don’t know if it’s your thing but a couple of years ago we bought groupons for wake boarding for about $35 which was great fun and good for 4 hours. (Going again this year). They also have one of these floating inflatable assault courses too which I think is $20 for a hour
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 18, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
chrisxal
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
St Augustine is only about 2 hour drive so very achievable for day trip, if you were visiting a place in UK 2 hrs away would you need to stay over. Mt Dora is also a lovely place to visit and only about an hour away, if you like gardens then Bok Tower is lovely and don't forget shopping days.
chrisxal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 18, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
RT's
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

How about the meal and movie deal at universal citywalk? It's around $20
Think they do a meal and golf one too
DLP- Hotel Cheyenne - June 2011 : FL- Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando - April 2013 : FL- Disney's Caribbean Beach & Hard Rock Hotel - April 2016 : FL- WDW Yacht Club & Loews Royal Pacific - October 2017 : DLP- Santa Fe - February 2018 : WDW - Yacht Club - October 2019 : FL- Lowes Portofino Bay & WDW Dolphin- August 2022
RT's is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 18, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
emmabrown68
VIP Dibber

Groupon have got an offer on for Bok Gardens for half price entry at the moment. I bought tickets last night
IDrive 91, Enclave Suites 07, Southern Dunes 09, Quality Inn Plaza, Hard Rock Hotel, Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel (St Petes), Orlando Metropolitan Express & Buena Vista Palace Hotel 10!, The Florida Hotel 11, Hampton Lakes 12, Bridgewater Crossing 12, Vegas/LA 13, Tall Grass Villa 13, The Florida Hotel 13, Bridgewater Crossing 15, Terrace Ridge 16, West Haven 17,18,July 19, Dec 19 & Dec 21, West Haven & Cabana Bay 22
emmabrown68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 18, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Tea
Imagineer

Mobile

Wekiwa Springs is nice. Or resort hopping is fun. We bought an annual pass for the 2 Disney water parks the last time so that we could pop in and out each day... I have younger kids tho ; I'm not sure how you're fixed.
Things like Orlando Eye, Wonderworks and so on are often on Groupon but tbh if you do a few of those you'd be on the way to Universal tickets imo
Old 24 Jun 18, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Love*my*hols
Imagineer

Mount Dora is worth a visit,esp a cat boat tour if you want to splash out. Wild Florida is also a cheap day out.
Love*my*hols is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List