Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 19 Mar 17, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Apprentice Imagineer

1612's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 123
We only want to do universal for 2 days so can't justify the £600 odd pounds for this. We may go to the London Harry Potter instead for the same money.

The Clarke Family. Holidaying at Disney every year since 2000!
1612 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 17, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by davidh71 View Post
This is a timeshare scam company. Best avoided!
Good Call!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 17, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Holidaylover19
VIP Dibber

Holidaylover19's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
We did one of those timeshare presentation things our first holiday for Seaworld tickets. I was a kid so got to at least visit their playroom but my poor parents were stuck with really pushy salesmen and we spent most of the day there. And oddly now we're DVC members

As much as I'd love to do Universal again, it's unaffordable with Disney as well so we had to skip it. Honestly, as I've done Disney for a few holidays running I wouldn't mind doing just Universal next time TBH.
Holidaylover19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 17, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
michaelb136
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Originally Posted by WDWMAD View Post
We have just worked out a price to visit Universal Resort for one day, doing both parks, Universal and IOA, and having the Express Passes, including £50 for food and £100 for a taxi it has come to a whopping... drum roll please... £766 for one day at the parks.

Because we want one day only we will be buying 2 Park 1 Day tickets off the Universal USA website for $165 each (not sure how much on the gate?) for 3 totalling $495 (£406), can't find single day on the UK website, only the 14 day one's.

We are going in August so decided if we are going to make the most of it we may need Express Passes, these are optional and may not be purchased, but, they are £70 each on the UK website, totalling £210.

A taxi fare quote online from Grand Floridian to Universal is costing around $52 (£43), so return would be around £100 including tip.

We have allowed around £50 for food, but, may be more I suppose if we are there until park closure.

So grand total of:
Park Tickets: £406
Express Passes: £210
Taxi: £100
Food: £50
Total: £766 (£556 without Express)

We don't want to stop in a Universal Hotel because we have spent a fortune to stop in the Grand Floridian and we get food included, so doing this for the Express Passes isn't really an option and will cost more, ticket wise, to do the parks for two days anyway.

We aren't hiring a car because this is the only day we will be off Disney property and we are using Magical Express for transfers, so pretty pointless really.

I really cannot see a cheaper way of doing this, has anybody been the third week of August who can let us know how busy it is there, this may decide whether we go for Express Passes or not?
Send me a private message and I can give you the number of a taxi driver we used if you want. He was great, took us to a variety of places and he seemed to keep getting cheaper each time! One day he wasn't working when we needed him so he arranged for a colleague to do the job. It was just a case of contacting him on watsapp. Mears has the run of Disney and they're so over-priced.
michaelb136 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 17, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Kirky123
Imagineer

Kirky123's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Have you used UBer before?

If not, both you and your wife need to set up accounts and use one of the free $ codes that you can find online.

Last year when we both set up accounts we got $15 towards your first journey. We travelled from Aviana (past Championsgate) to Discovery Cove and return and neither trip cost us anything.
Kirky123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 17, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
macynwa
Trading Disney Pins

Originally Posted by michaelb136 View Post
Send me a private message and I can give you the number of a taxi driver we used if you want. He was great, took us to a variety of places and he seemed to keep getting cheaper each time! One day he wasn't working when we needed him so he arranged for a colleague to do the job. It was just a case of contacting him on watsapp. Mears has the run of Disney and they're so over-priced.
How many of you was traveling? we've got 8 people to get to Universal and back on 2 separate days and looking at the best way to do it as cheap as possible
macynwa is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 17, 05:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Eggnboby
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Remember the old days when you could fit everything into a 2 week holiday? We tried to do Universal/Sea World/beach on one holiday and exclusively Disney planned for the next. Last August for us was Universal etc with one day in MK and one Halloween party. I can't explain how much more excited we felt when entering Disney and vowed would never leave it out again. Was so jealous every time I saw a magic band! Universal (end of August) was very busy. On a quiet day you can easily fit it all in in 2 days. Had to do single riders for everything just to get them done last year. Always worked out cheaper for us to get 14 days than 2 crazy as it sounds! Not sure that would be the case now sadly!
Eggnboby is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 17, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
WDWMAD
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by michaelb136 View Post
Thanks Michaelb136 but I think we've decided we are not going now, the closing time of Universal and IOA on the day we were going has changed from 8.30pm to 7pm which has now made it even less value for money. We need to get round both parks in a day and taking the heat and crowds into consideration, we were hoping it would close around 9pm, 1.5 hours less is a big chunk to take off when you are spending that amount of money.
WDWMAD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 17, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Redsox
Getting Excited

Use Uber instead of taxi and if you sign up to a new account use promo code "feeling22" to get $22 off your first trip so if 2 people sign up you get each journey for practically nothing.

If you know anybody that has a Universal Annual pass they can get a 15% discount on tickets for friends.

If you are going for just 1 day maybe have a look and see what rides you can't miss and see if express passes are really worth it especially considering you don't get express on the Harry Potter attractions. If you really need to get express have a look at the 1 time per ride express pass it's cheaper than the unlimited.

If you are going after most of the kids are back in school I would judt get there for opening and forget the express passes.
Redsox is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List