Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 7 May 17, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
suehen
Imagineer

Originally Posted by spongebob10 View Post
I got back yesterday from 2 weeks away and agree that some days were not enjoyable because there were so many people. It's really unfortunate as I love Disney so much. As you say, the queues even for a drink were crazy and I also found it very expensive because of the poor $ rate. We left Hollywood Studios early and didn't wait for the fire works and also left Epcot early - we were going to do the drinking around the world but there were way too many people and we just couldn't get into it no matter how hard we tried we constantly updated the fast passes once we used them which made the wait times ok but otherwise the queues were around an hour long.

It is such a shame to say this but it didn't feel the same this time.
We got back on Friday and said at times in was packed most days, we went to Epcot on Tuesday had fast passes booked from 5.30pm cancelled them, kept meeting up with a group for younger people drinking around the world on motorised scooter so got the boat to HS as you could not get to where you wanted, love Epcot but not that day, will say HS was really quite and got 3 fast passes. Also we found the weather really hot for April been before but never remember it being that hot.
suehen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 17, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Bayshore View Post
I know this is an old thread but after reading from OPs first post to today and am really not looking forward to our one day in August. If Oct/Nov are like this, what will it be like 3rd week of August. I'm dreading it and also not mad about the idea of paying $850 for a 1-day pass if we basically end up doing 3 FP rides and nothing else. Pay $250+ for CP lunch along with it.

Really having a rethink, just not sure it's worth it.
Although it was a couple of years ago now, we visited Disney in the third week of August in 2014 and the crowds were fine. It wasn't quiet by any means, but it wasn't busy either. Weather was very hot and surprisingly dry. If it wasn't for the heat, we'd happily go back at that time of year again.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 17, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bayshore View Post
I know this is an old thread but after reading from OPs first post to today and am really not looking forward to our one day in August. If Oct/Nov are like this, what will it be like 3rd week of August. I'm dreading it and also not mad about the idea of paying $850 for a 1-day pass if we basically end up doing 3 FP rides and nothing else. Pay $250+ for CP lunch along with it.

Really having a rethink, just not sure it's worth it.
We were there last year from 16th August to 1st Sept and we found it fine. Yes places were busy but we did MK twice and only used our fast pass for 7D, space mountain and buzz-all the others we just walked on. Park was busy but 3pm parade was fine. Was a bit bus's er for wishes. I think you either hit lucky or you don't. I never look at crowd calendars or best day guides-we just plan ahead and be flexible if needed. In the time there we did Universal for 3 days, 3 nights at Vero Beach, a day at NASA and the rest at Disney. Got it all done despite the hurricane and a tornado warning! 😀 Going back again this year at exactly the same time as it wasn't as bad as we had expected it to be.

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 17, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Bayshore
Imagineer

Bayshore's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 5
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Ok so guys, you've reassured me a little bit.

I know it sounds OTT but I'd really be hoping to enjoy the 1 day thing when it's costing over $1100. (They really don't want you to go for 1 day obviously!)

Going to put up a post asking for advice on picking a date. I really haven't a clue where to find out about early opening and late opening for WDW guests and which days to avoid.
Bayshore is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List