Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 1 Jun 17, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
curlysue2
Apprentice Imagineer

It's hard if they had missed the opening date everyone would have moaning too they were onto a loser either way.
It will get better I am sure they just need time to iron out the issues. Also don't forget people are quick to post a complaint or moan but very slow in posting a compliment.
curlysue2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 17, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kadiekaismummi View Post
Oh dear! My excitement is now feeling a little disheartened, kids have been so looking forward to VB, we are only doing Universal this time round & have bought 14 days tickets for Universal only, I'm sure it'll still be busting from the Seams when we et there, maybe just a little walk around, if the times for riding are too long then we are out to elsewhere x
to be fair its not even been opened a week will take time to settle down

look at diagon alley, you can see youtube vids of the opening days people waiting 5/6 hours for gringotts..
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 17, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

Thanks to the op for the info. Will keep an eye on times and reviews before deciding whether to upgrade our tickets or not.
Don't want to make a nasty decision without giving the place a chance to calm down and iron out some of the issues.
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 17, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
3family
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

someone on twitter posted wait times yesterday and all were lower than earlier in the week

He also posted pics to show there was no physical queuing at several rides so hopefully that's a sign it's getting better
Old 1 Jun 17, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Ilivehereorland View Post
It's been open five days? Give it a chance.
to all the experts in this this .how long does it usually take for a new park to settle down, are we talking weeks months or a year or so..
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 17, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by stevb63 View Post
to all the experts in this this .how long does it usually take for a new park to settle down, are we talking weeks months or a year or so..
I'm far from expert but it will likely be a long time. The parks not even completed yet which is adding to issues (or at least customer satisfaction levels) and they're headed into a busy summer season.

Don't forget, loads and loads of people will only visit the Orlando area once a year or less so for a long time this is a 'new' park.

It won't be stupid as it is at the moment, teething problems and ride issues should be sorted asap but people will continue to flock in droves for a long time to come.
Old 1 Jun 17, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
traeth
Getting Excited

Mobile

Enjoyed reading all the posts and advice. Thank you. We are heading out there the last two weeks of August so like others I am hoping things will have calmed down a bit. My only concern is that if everyone is virtual waiting that's an awful lot of people in the pool or the lazy river! are these areas big enough to accomodate all these people? we all love the lazy river but if u cant get a tube or its too busy it gets dangerous trying to keep an eye on tbe kids.
traeth is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 17, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

Tapu Tapu is a bit like when you get a collection number at Argos/McDonalds/the cheese counter at Sainsbos.
You get a number which places you in the queue, and then your number is called, it is your turn.

With Tapu Tapu you are having your space in a queue virtually held (equivalent to your numbered ticket), when your band vibrates, you have reached the front of the queue and it's your turn (your number has been called).

I think OP's point is that you can only do one virtual queue at once (fair enough, you could only do 1 real queue at once), but that even then, once your band has vibrated you then join an extra "bonus surprise queue" at the actual ride that could be an hour or so long.
I can see how this would be really frustrating.

I don't know if there's a turnstile or similar, but would it be possible for when your band vibrates to head to the ride and tap in, to join the "bonus surprise queue", then send a runner (family member/friend) with ALL the bands to tap in to begin the queue on another ride while you're waiting for the first. They could then dash back and join you in the "bonus surprise queue"?
I haven't been so don't know if that would work, and it could be a bit of a faff.

First Time Floribobs (The Irma Remix) - WDW trip report *Complete*
While The Cat's Away, The Caz Will Play With The Mouse - Solo DLP Trip Report
Cazzius is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 17, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Firekat
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Cazzius View Post
Tapu Tapu is a bit like when you get a collection number at Argos/McDonalds/the cheese counter at Sainsbos.
You get a number which places you in the queue, and then your number is called, it is your turn.

With Tapu Tapu you are having your space in a queue virtually held (equivalent to your numbered ticket), when your band vibrates, you have reached the front of the queue and it's your turn (your number has been called).

I think OP's point is that you can only do one virtual queue at once (fair enough, you could only do 1 real queue at once), but that even then, once your band has vibrated you then join an extra "bonus surprise queue" at the actual ride that could be an hour or so long.

I don't know if there's a turnstile or similar, but would it be possible for when your band vibrates to head to the ride and tap in, to join the "bonus surprise queue", then send a runner (family member/friend) with ALL the bands to tap in to begin the queue on another ride while you're waiting for the first. They could then dash back and join you in the "bonus surprise queue"?
I haven't been so don't know if that would work, and it could be a bit of a faff.

I like your thinking
Firekat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 17, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Cazzius View Post

In theory that sounds a nice idea, but yeah you need to tap the tapu to register yourself at the ride once the band has vibrated. I guess it's down to whether the staff will let someone register and then run off and come back... My guessing is that they won't let anyone try to find any loopholes

It's an impressive park, but since posting this thread we have been to Typhoon Lagoon, and although the rides are nowhere near as exciting it is still overall a better layout and the kids much preferred it... TL holds sentimental memories for me as a kid with family and it's good my kids saw it for the fun that it is too...

We got to TL about the same time as we did VB and me and my eldest got on 6 slides in the time it took to get on 1 at VB

But that's due to new park opening of course... But while it's drawing crowds to VB we will take advantage of fewer crowds at the other waterparks
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List