Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Jan 18, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
babyh200
Getting Excited

I was in work when I posted OP so unable to look at the current case law relating to Bevis.
My Parking Eye ticket was clearly pre-Bevis, it was a few years ago now TBH, so sorry if I gave you false hope.
I do know a colleague of mine was issued with one in Morrissons and the store Manager arranged for it to be quashed (she was a regular customer and her parents were disabled)
Sorry your having a run of bad luck but at least it won't affect your trip to the happy place!
babyh200 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 18, 12:50 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBobby
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by babyh200 View Post
I was in work when I posted OP so unable to look at the current case law relating to Bevis.
My Parking Eye ticket was clearly pre-Bevis, it was a few years ago now TBH, so sorry if I gave you false hope.
I do know a colleague of mine was issued with one in Morrissons and the store Manager arranged for it to be quashed (she was a regular customer and her parents were disabled)
Sorry your having a run of bad luck but at least it won't affect your trip to the happy place!
Thank you BabyH... I am so relived! As I've said in my previous posts, I was absolutely mortified when the two letters came though the post but to hear all is okay it was a massive weight of my shoulders! 😀😀
DisneyBobby is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 18, 05:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

Have you checked out the name of the company issuing the ticket. Not all companies have a licence to check the registration and therefore cannot proceed with second part if the fine isn't paid. Failing that how about writing/ e mail to spoons hq.
Old 21 Jan 18, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBobby
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Myakka Lodge View Post
Have you checked out the name of the company issuing the ticket. Not all companies have a licence to check the registration and therefore cannot proceed with second part if the fine isn't paid. Failing that how about writing/ e mail to spoons hq.
On the paper/bill they sent me, it had a picture of my registration number on it.

I've sent an email to 'Spoons & I'm still waiting on a reply.

Cheers for the reply 😀
DisneyBobby is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 18, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

A couple of years ago I overstayed at a small shopping centre car park that had recently introduced paying, I emailed the manager and got it quashed with a warning that if I did overstay in the future I could pay for a ticket on leaving... admittedly they have something like 4 hours free parking but I’d met my cousin and we’d got carried away with catching up...

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 18, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBobby
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by djewkes View Post
A couple of years ago I overstayed at a small shopping centre car park that had recently introduced paying, I emailed the manager and got it quashed with a warning that if I did overstay in the future I could pay for a ticket on leaving... admittedly they have something like 4 hours free parking but I’d met my cousin and we’d got carried away with catching up...
It's so easy to lose track of time, we only had 90 minutes, it flew by! We were catching up with our eldest daughter who we had not seen for a week or so as she was was staying at her BFs...

It's no excuse I know this but as I said in the email, I think if you are going to pay to eat in the 'Spoons establishment then you shouldn't have to pay for parking, I think for the 4 of us on that day, I parted with at least £40 if not a bit more.